Thoughts about Gr Guitar AT G210A ST

I´ve had my two G210A´s for one year now and don´t regret the purchase. Gigged them a couple times and am super-happy with how lightweight they are. Soundwise as stated they are not as good as my CLRs, I wouldn´t tweak my presets through the G210As because the high-end is not as accurate and clear as with the CLRs, but in a live setting on stage I don´t care. It is just a backline I need to hear myself. They have plenty of headroom left and I cannot imagine ever needing to max them. I have the output on the AXE at 9 o´clock and on the G210s at noon.
At the rehearsal room I run them along with the CLRs just because I can... wall of sound!

I´ve had my two G210A´s for one year now and don´t regret the purchase. Gigged them a couple times and am super-happy with how lightweight they are. Soundwise as stated they are not as good as my CLRs, I wouldn´t tweak my presets through the G210As because the high-end is not as accurate and clear as with the CLRs, but in a live setting on stage I don´t care. It is just a backline I need to hear myself. They have plenty of headroom left and I cannot imagine ever needing to max them. I have the output on the AXE at 9 o´clock and on the G210s at noon.
At the rehearsal room I run them along with the CLRs just because I can... wall of sound!
Thanks!

So if you are running just your CLR you go Mono, or do you sum the outputs? Right now I'm just playing through my S1 Pro and it's not great. I greatly prefer running stereo into the Bose even though it sums the signals but it sounds a lot better.

I won't be playing out ever but we do the occasional loud jam and other guitarists use my amp so I will need to crank it once in a while. Do we have any other stereo FRFR options out there? Weight is not really an issue since I won't be moving it. The main issue is the cost in Canada :) plus I've seen a few folks report that the top end is not the best.

I have two CLRs, so it is stereo. Although I don´t really use stereo effects
Thanks,

do you have a high cut/lpf set for your patches? I know most stock settings are wide open but rolling off at 4-7k like most guitar cabs I'm wondering if there is much of a difference between the GR and CLR? Any experience with that?

M~

I have low cut at 80 Hz and high cut somewhere between 7 and 8 kHz. I believe it feels more like a guitar cab, regardless if it´s the GR or CLR. As I wrote already, the high end of the GRs is not very pleasing to my ear. The portion of frequencies above 7-8 kHz does nothing for me in a guitar sound anyway.

I have low cut at 80 Hz and high cut somewhere between 7 and 8 kHz. I believe it feels more like a guitar cab, regardless if it´s the GR or CLR. As I wrote already, the high end of the GRs is not very pleasing to my ear. The portion of frequencies above 7-8 kHz does nothing for me in a guitar sound anyway.
Right so even with a 7-8 cut the high end still has issues.

Thanks for the info, these things are not cheap in Canada so I want to make sure I'm learning the right direction.

You´re welcome. Main point for me getting these was the almost laughable weight for gigging, the audio quality is good enough as a backline. CLRs are more satisfying for home or studio use, I even used them for a rough mix at the rehearsal studio and it translated very well to my home studio where I have Adam´s P33. Downside on the CLRs is the more than questionable support side and reliability. Although I never had any problems with my CLR Neos. The 1st gen CLRs which I also own are crap.
But there are other options to consider that might be more affordable in Canada. Check the forum.

I haven't gigged with my cab. I thought I was going to need it when I bought it but haven't needed to. I like the weight and that my shallow rack for my Axe FX III fits on it nicely. I briefly tested it against my friend's Fender Tonemaster FRFR and easily preferred the Fender in just the 15 seconds he played through both. That hardly eliminates the GR cab from being good, though.

I haven't gigged with my cab. I thought I was going to need it when I bought it but haven't needed to. I like the weight and that my shallow rack for my Axe FX III fits on it nicely. I briefly tested it against my friend's Fender Tonemaster FRFR and easily preferred the Fender in just the 15 seconds he played through both. That hardly eliminates the GR cab from being good, though.
Interesting thanks. It seems that folks are buying this mostly for the portability vs the sound.

I was going to grab a pair of the Fender 10" FRFR's, maybe since I'm not going to be gigging that's a better option sound wise.

Does anyone think these GR cabs sound good? haha.

Last edited:
I never said the GRs sounded bad, just not as good as the CLRs that are on par with my Adam studio monitors. Never heard the new Fenders, would be interesting to compare. But I´m done with buying FRFR monitors, I own 3 pairs now...doesn´t get better than CLRs.

Interesting thanks. It seems that folks are buying this mostly for the portability vs the sound.

I was going to grab a pair of the Fender 10" FRFR's, maybe since I'm not going to be gigging that's a better option sound wise.

Does anyone think these GR cabs sound good? haha.
You can get 2 Fenders for the price of the GR. That stereo setup would be fun. The thought I had when I compared the two (once again, very briefly) was that the Fender had more balls in the low mids and sounded and felt like a real amp in the room (ignore the buzz words).

The only downside to the Fender was the hiss people complain about. I think it's hit or miss which unit you get whether you have hiss or not. I'm personally waiting until I start actually needing an FRFR, then I'll probably buy a Fender TM, hoping they solved the hiss issue by then.

I also shouldn't say that the GR speaker sounded bad, but I prefer hearing it from my studio monitors and I've been able to use IEM at the vast majority of shows I play.

I've been gigging with a G210A-ST and an FM9 since the beginning of the year. I love it, sounds more like a guitar cab than many FRFRs I've tried and is absurdly light.
The only issue is that the stereo spread is practically nonexistent when you get more than a few feet away.
The Enhance block on the FM9 helps a little but not enough.

Back
Top Bottom