thought you guys might like this

simeon

Axe-Master
check out this hilariously ignorant comment from someone called Kenny H on one of my youtube vids (comment now deleted)

Kenny H
Use a Fractal or any other digital ampand it doesn't matter what you plug into it! You can make a $150 China guitar sound like a $6000 PRS thru a digital amp! Idiots who do this don't know the technology, with digital amps you NEVER hear your true input signl because it gets converted to digital and triggers a sample programmed inside the amps/preamps! Idiots use them with expensive guitars and pickups thinking it matters, it doesn't!

Last edited:
check out this hilariously ignorant comment from someone called Kenny H on one of my youtube vifds (comment now deleted)

Kenny H
Use a Fractal or any other digital ampand it doesn't matter what you plug into it! You can make a $150 China guitar sound like a $6000 PRS thru a digital amp! Idiots who do this don't know the technology, with digital amps you NEVER hear your true input signl because it gets converted to digital and triggers a sample programmed inside the amps/preamps! Idiots use them with expensive guitars and pickups thinking it matters, it doesn't!
Damn, I could've saved tens of thousands of dollars if I only knew that, lol.

your true input signl because it gets converted to digital and triggers a sample programmed inside the amps/preamps!

I wish he’d ended that sentence with 17 more exclamation points, and a few 1s when his finger slipped off the shift key. If he’d used ALLCAPS, would that have helped convince you?

You were just jealous: couldn’t take the sick burn of his uber-truth. Cancel culture!

(Personally, I’m glad all my shitty guitar playing gets replaced with Cliff’s insane shred samples.)

I’ll admit there was a time I was less knowledgeable about amp modeling than before I entered the Fractal system, but never this confused. “triggers a sample” Uhg. Oh well…it takes all kinds…I guess?

He's pulled back the curtain ... It will all crumble now.
Yes, and now the whole keyboard synth ("sampling") industrial complex is screwed.

Use a Casio or any other keyboard and it doesn't matter what you plug it into! You can make a $150 china keyboard like a $6000 piano thru a digital synth! Idiots who do this don't know the technology, with digital synths you NEVER hear your true input signal because it gets converted to digital and triggers a sample programmed inside the synth! Idiots use them with expensive keyboards thinking it matters, it doesn't!

Last edited:
Although in theory he is wrong, I get the point.
I too gravely underestimated the importance of good amps and how little the guitar mattered to get a hugely enjoyable "pro" sound — and I suspect many others have too...

I too gravely underestimated the importance of good amps and how little the guitar mattered to get a hugely enjoyable "pro" sound
Way better than a $50 (or $5000) guitar into a $50 practice amp or into a cheap stereo (aux or phono in) like I used to do as a kid!

Don't point fingers. Many in our community still believe that Roland V-Guitar technology with the divided pickup and the 13-pin connector is MIDI triggering samples :D
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

For the skeptics:

Last edited:
That's nice. Are you a GP-10 user?

I started with the VG-8 before Kirk Hammett got one, then the VG-88, VG-99 and a GP-10

Now I use the SY-1000 and the VG-99 (I sold both the GP-10 and the VG-99 when I got the SY-1000, thinking that it would replace them, but I bought again another VG-99 because it has some unique features that I missed at the SY1000)

1670222617515.png

Last edited:
Now I can sell my Les Pauls and Strats, and mount a pickup and some strings on a 2x4, since it will sound exactly the same through an amp model.

Back
Top Bottom