Thought that these were interesting looking...Railhammers

shasha

Fractal Fanatic

I got some spam from Stew-Mac about these and decided to investigate a bit. They've got a few videos on their site, but I found this one done by our old buddy Lance on youtube and to be honest I love watching this guy play so I figured I'd post it here.

Once again I'm a sucker for clever stuff and these appear to be a clever solution to a problem I've never really thought I had. Nonetheless they exist and sound pretty good.

Ha, I like how they flipped the close up of lance in the Vid. The pickups sound like they are suited for Lances playing style, I don't know if it's the way he has the gain set on the amp but the low end sounds a bit muddy to me. I like more definition in my lows then what he has going on but it works for what he is doing, nice bluesy vibe.

I'm pretty sure you could plug Lance into a Peavey Rage 158 and he'll make it sound like a $50000 dumble.
I agree, he's one of those folks I can't take gear advise from because he could play a cigar box guitar and make it sound like pure magic. You can never tell how much of the tone is the gear and how much is just his awesome playing. He is always fun to watch however no matter what gear he's pushing.

I think it just might be that Eleanor look-alike to Lance's right... you can't have a badass 'Stang like that in your stable and come out with limp tone. Now, place Angelina in the passenger seat, a set of those pickups in my CT6, and no one gets hurt...

Hmmm? I know...I think?

I agree, he's one of those folks I can't take gear advise from because he could play a cigar box guitar and make it sound like pure magic. You can never tell how much of the tone is the gear and how much is just his awesome playing. He is always fun to watch however no matter what gear he's pushing.

I know what you mean, but the older ( and wiser - hopefully - LOL!) I get, the more I think it leans WAY in favor of "awesome-playing (I.E: ear, heart, feel, mind, attitude, fingers, hands, genetics, training, experience, etc.)" over "great-gear!"

Of course, having both doesn't suck, but I wouldn't know - LOL!

Bill

Nice sound. Hyper Vintage is right on.

I had a Godin with Schaller Hot Rails. Seemed pretty nice. Why mix rails and poles?

Also, most Carvin pickups are two solid lines of poles.

I need to go off topic here for a moment. Does anyone else see in my post 4 posts up^ how the second word 'agree' now has a spam url attached to it? How did that happen I sure didn't put it there.

Back
Top Bottom