Thordendal Modern full song/mix

Glennski

Well, full song without vocals. Anyone care to do some for me? ;)

Nothing special with the patch, I just tweaked the FAS Modern stock preset. Cabs are 43 and 52 (not sure if I changed them from default or not)

T808 OD in front, drive at 1, tone at 5.5, level 10. There's some EQ in the mix though.

I also played around and learned how to do a stutter effect for the rhythm guitars to add a bit of flair to the production. It'd be nice to get the axe to do it for live use but I'm not sure exactly how I'd go about it... but that's for another thread I guess.

Bass guitar is Trilian, however I'm not entirely happy with its tone in some places, it sticks out too much. In the end I've been working on it for a week and just wanted to have it done so I give up for now! :)

Guitar is a 7 string RG tuned to Drop B with a added low F#. Still sounds alright even though it's a 25.5 inch scale 8)

Feedback appreciated muchly!

Cheers

Glenn

There are some threads already about the stutter fx but I've never gotten it to sound like in your intro or the way Periphery does it. Someone from FAS started a thread & used the looper & it was the best stutter fx I've heard. I'll post a link to it if I can find it

Sounds good to me. I have to mess with the stutter effect now. Good riffing and melodic overlays. Did you just do 2 rhythm guitar tracks hard panned?

Sounds good to me. I have to mess with the stutter effect now. Good riffing and melodic overlays. Did you just do 2 rhythm guitar tracks hard panned?

Cheers! I did the stutter manually in my daw. It's pretty easy actually, just cut a small clip and copy and paste it to the grid. I did a small fade out on each clip so it wouldn't click when it was chopped off, but having the click at the start of each clip is what makes the effect stand out imo.

Yep just two tracks panned 100/100. I used to always quad track but for this style it's too hard to get it tight, and even if you do it smears it somewhat.

Haha on my 25.5 inch 7 string that is heading into the fart noise territory ;) Sounds good man

it's strung up with a sort of custom set - .011 .014 .018 .030 .042 .056 .074 . It's fine as long as the pick attack isn't overly heavy and I don't fret down too hard.

Cheers! I did the stutter manually in my daw. It's pretty easy actually, just cut a small clip and copy and paste it to the grid. I did a small fade out on each clip so it wouldn't click when it was chopped off, but having the click at the start of each clip is what makes the effect stand out imo.

Yep just two tracks panned 100/100. I used to always quad track but for this style it's too hard to get it tight, and even if you do it smears it somewhat.

I usually quad track also using 2 different sound panned hard also. I kind of figured it would be easier in the DAW. There are also plugs that do it like Gross beat from IL. I think there are a couple others.

Fucking sick dude. I just opened up my new AKG Q701's and this is the song I brought them on their maiden voyage with!(they sound spectacular right out of the box btw)

Back
Top Bottom