Thomann pricing and service

Bruce Sokolovic

Fractal Fanatic
I got a psssst kind of tip from a pal about Thomann, seems their pricing is damn near wholesale. Behringer X32 rack at Sweetwater for 1699 plus figure another 140 in tax and free shipping is 1840. Thomann is 1169 plus 55 bucks to ship. I do like my sweetwater rep, but not over 500 bucks worth. Thomann includes a 3 year warranty. My pal says when he orders there's never any customs duty fees or anything.

Am I missing anything here? Is this too good to be true? Do they sell houses and cars, too??????

Wondered also, but wrt customs - that's not really detetmined by the store afaik
of course not, but my pal has paid nothing thus far and spent a few grand on one or more pieces. Reading now about NTR (normal trade relations) which bring it down to zero, wondering if that applies here. But honestly, on an average of about 6%, its still FAR cheaper than purchasing it domestically.

of course not, but my pal has paid nothing thus far and spent a few grand on one or more pieces. Reading now about NTR (normal trade relations) which bring it down to zero, wondering if that applies here. But honestly, on an average of about 6%, its still FAR cheaper than purchasing it domestically.
can depend on agreements between countries - ie here in Canada, some made in USA musical gear is (or used to be) customs free. There's a myriad of back and forth agreements always changing on varuous products - worthwhile knowing about those for sure wrt specific purchases - in my experience, shipping is the kicker on stuff from Europe.

I've bought a few things from Thomann over the years and it's a great way to save some cash. Last year I ordered an Engl Fireball 100 for like $1200 delivered and it's crazy because it would cost over $2000 with taxes if I bought one here in the US.

The only issue is stuff like that isn't wired for the US but you can get a voltage transformer for like $50.

I also bought a 2x12 cab several years ago and didn't have any problem getting it. I'm surprised they ship such large, heavy items to the US, and I've never had to pay customs fees. Some manufactures block them from selling to the US, though.

can depend on agreements between countries - ie here in Canada, some made in USA musical gear is (or used to be) customs free. There's a myriad of back and forth agreements always changing on varuous products - worthwhile knowing about those for sure wrt specific purchases - in my experience, shipping is the kicker on stuff from Europe.
placing this mixer in the basket for checkout, they quoted 55 bucks to my door. Not too bad.

They are good and with super fast shipping. Used to be a lot cheaper with Behringer stuff but now Sweetwater is about the same cost.

For some EU brands they are a lot cheaper, but then some US products actually cost a bit more from them than buying here in the States

Totally legit company and even with added shipping costs you can save a lot of money in many cases

They are good and with super fast shipping. Used to be a lot cheaper with Behringer stuff but now Sweetwater is about the same cost.

For some EU brands they are a lot cheaper, but then some US products actually cost a bit more from them than buying here in the States

Totally legit company and even with added shipping costs you can save a lot of money in many cases
Sweetwater isn't even close on the Behringer X32 mixer. I'd be embarrassed to ask my sales rep to even get in the ballpark. Its a 600 dollar difference even after paying for shipping.

I'm in Canada and order items from Thomann in Germany all the time. Much of the Canadian pricing on musical gear is a joke; so I simply choose to go elsewhere.

Everything that I've bought has been considerably cheaper, even allowing for international shipping and customs duties. And sometimes I've ordered gear that simply isn't available here.

Thomann dispatch fast too. I've had stuff arrive within a couple of days - often quicker to get here than it would have taken if ordering within Canada.

Gear4less is another big German retailer, but as previously said, some brands they can’t sell to the US

Was looking at some Laney heads and they are like 300-400 cheaper than in the US but when you change the currency and settings to USA they say they can’t sell it to you. Guess just like how FAS won’t sell direct to Europe because G66 partnership.

Sometimes adding stuff totally changed shipping too. Like a TC pedal is $35 instead of $59 at sweet water, but then the shipping goes up $20 for the order and your not really saving much….

Still though, amazing how fast they can ship and for pretty low prices. Like $50 from Europe in 2 days where as I went to UPS they would charge me $45 for 5 days and just to the next state over. Must be doing some massive volume

Is this shop for real? looked at several guitars I have been intersted in and they are SERIOUSLY cheaper. Evh frankie for $1100 and change brand new compared to $1999 anywhere in the U.S.

Yea

Yeah it’s weird sometimes, with some of the Behringer synths SW would be $699 and Thom would be $549, but then SW would have a sale and be $499 with free shipping, for the monopoly, poly-d etc, but like you said, otherwise they wouldn’t budge on price

Is this shop for real? looked at several guitars I have been intersted in and they are SERIOUSLY cheaper. Evh frankie for $1100 and change brand new compared to $1999 anywhere in the U.S.
Wow. Yea you can buy with confidence. They’re a huge retailer in Germany.

Another random item.

SSL Bus plus at sweetwater: 2899 plus tax bringing it to well over 3100 bucks.

Thomann 1979 dollars and shipping did not change from my 55 dollar UPS next day quote.

Lower end stuff, but check out their Harley Benton brand….. some amazing bang for the buck with those guitars
Nearly every bar or club in these parts are using this Behringer mixer. I get they're low end generally, but this is a particularly good product. My pal has been banging the cheaper x16 around for a few years now and making great money gigging.

Back
Top Bottom