This webite is increasingly "server too busy" - evenings (UK) - now afternoons.

Hugomack

Experienced
Has anyone else noticed "server too busy" problems getting into this Forum? If so, I hope it will be of interest to the webmaster.

This forum was the vital factor that tipped me from analogue into the unknowns of digital emulation. It's not possible to move forward without regular reading here - not to mention when you need some help.

So if the success of the Forum is leading to it also being increasingly "too busy" for others as well me from the UK, we'd probably appreciate some words of reassurance - or something.

PS: no criticism implied or intended. This is intended to be "Passage of Information from Customer base".

PPS: it took several goes before the server let me post this....

Ironically the first three times I clicked on the link to this I got server to busy message.

I could click on any other link and got no message. But this one I did.

Obviously I finally made it through.

Thought I had been Rick Rolled there for a minute without the courtousy of the music

I've been trying to reply here since last tuesday ... now I've forgot what I was going to say :)

I just ordered my Axe-Fx yesterday. I have to admit that if it wasn't for the amazing support that I got from this forum to the questions I posted (in between "server too busy" messages), I probably would not have ordered because of this issue alone. I was really concerned about buying high-end technology from a company who can't get a forum right. No offense to Fractal, but jeez, this is customer service 101.

For us Americans it's just the mornings really that I have noticed. Which means you Europeans need to stop hitting refresh so much! :p

Meanwhile, in other news...

So a struggling server isn't such a big thing after all, eh..?
thumbsup.gif

I just ordered my Axe-Fx yesterday. I have to admit that if it wasn't for the amazing support that I got from this forum to the questions I posted (in between "server too busy" messages), I probably would not have ordered because of this issue alone. I was really concerned about buying high-end technology from a company who can't get a forum right. No offense to Fractal, but jeez, this is customer service 101.

I hope you are joking because Fractal is THE name for customer service. I know you are new at this but wait till you really get your feet wet here. You'll be blown away at the updates, communication, etc.

Take it from me, I had something go wrong with my unit a year ago (completely my fault) and Fractal fixed and returned my unit in under a week, no questions asked. During the process I had feedback via email and on the forum and even had a fellow forumite call me at home and walk me thru my issue prior to sending it to Fractal.

These guys kick ass!!!

I hope you are joking because Fractal is THE name for customer service. I know you are new at this but wait till you really get your feet wet here. You'll be blown away at the updates, communication, etc.

Take it from me, I had something go wrong with my unit a year ago (completely my fault) and Fractal fixed and returned my unit in under a week, no questions asked. During the process I had feedback via email and on the forum and even had a fellow forumite call me at home and walk me thru my issue prior to sending it to Fractal.

These guys kick ass!!!

Guitarjim said that having a forum run properly is vital for a high-tech company. How can this be incorrect?

This forum is probably the reason why most of us - me certainly - went against our valve intuition and bought a digital amp modeller. Think about it.... Everything stems from this forum operating efficiently.

There are times when communications are vital. All the emotion being displayed in other threads for example regarding AE, stem from communications that either didn't happen or were misunderstood. There's also a tendency for any criticism of FAS to be shouted down. The fact is that all companies need criticism to help them develop; and criticism is healthy and helpful if companies respond to it. It's also important for innovators like Cliff to delegate and be supported by others, so they can continue to do what they do. This includes us saying when there are things that could do with a bit of attention.

It would be great if for example when the Ver 10 thread is posted, that everybody like me who will be utterly stoked by it clicked "Like", and left the comments for people who've picked up glitches or have questions. This would make it so much easier to read up then get the new firmware installed and set up. Of course, by then it will be vital for this forum to be back up to capacity - or better. Which is why I posted this discussion...

Back
Top Bottom