This TRIVIUM DVD is all AXEFX ULTRA's

schlagdog

Inspired
Don't know if this has been posted before but TRIVIUM uses only AXEFX Ultras live now. The LIVE DVD that came with the new CD is all AXEFX. You can check a bunch of it out on YouTube. They used there Peavey 5150's to record the new album and live each have in ultra running direct. Here is a link

http://youtu.be/45dOE_XXjFg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Attachments

• TRIVIUM.jpg
    TRIVIUM.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Machine Head is running the Ultra's Direct Live as well now. I have the DVD sounded good on there

I had heard Trivium was opening for Dream Theater. I had never heard of them, so I looked up a few videos......yikes! The music sounds reasonable enough if you overlook the kick drum overkill.....but the demonic screaming is just maddening!

trivium is really good, besides the cookie monster, which they did much less the last 2 albums before the newest. but I see no axe fx in any of these "live" videos

I had heard Trivium was opening for Dream Theater. I had never heard of them, so I looked up a few videos......yikes! The music sounds reasonable enough if you overlook the kick drum overkill.....but the demonic screaming is just maddening!
THIS. IS. METALCORE! no really that's basically metalcore. If you hear All That Remains it has similar characteristics. Us kids with our newfangled music :lol

THIS. IS. METALCORE! no really that's basically metalcore. If you hear All That Remains it has similar characteristics. Us kids with our newfangled music :lol

at prog power fest we coined the latest core, a logical extension of crab core (band with dude or chick squatting, vid is on this board somewhere) THE ALMIGHTY BEARD CORE, basically for any band with lots beards, in the same vein is of course BALD CORE, as many at least prog dudes are turning shiney headed and all.

I know phil Demmel are using 2 Ultras but Rob too???
Yes you right
Demmel also described the tone that he and frontman Robb Flynn used on ‘Unto The Locust’; “Robb has such an ear for tone, and he’s been producing our records, and it’s been like, hey dude this sounds cool…” The guitarist continued by explaining the reasons for him and Robb Flynn converting from 5150′s to Fractal Audio Systems. “We’ve got our settings from the 5150 programmed them into the Fractal. So it’s a 5150 tone, with the Fractal delivering it…

they are there.. hard to see but they are. Their guitar tech loves them as well and has confirmed thats what they are using live nowadays

trivium is really good, besides the cookie monster, which they did much less the last 2 albums before the newest. but I see no axe fx in any of these "live" videos

They just said in there guitar world video interview they were using them but it got edited out because they are peavey endorsors. If you look in the video I posted you can see an ultra in the rack by the guitarist. They go direct every show now live. No amps, cabs, or mics.

One thing to keep in mind with Trivium's vocals is that the singer, during the first and second album, was very young (like 16) and he said that he didn't have a developed singing voice, so he used the screaming to make up for it. After his singing came along he sang without screaming on the next album The Crusade. But, then he, for whatever reason - maybe popular demand - said that he wanted to add the screaming back in, but with more variety between it and actual singing. That's why the screaming came back for Shogun and now with In Waves. His screaming vocals are vary throaty so they are pretty grating, though.

Back
Top Bottom