This Three Days Grace Tone

stm113

Power User
I am trying to get a certain kind of guitar tone for a project I am working on. We are tying for a more industrial tone which is something I am not used to. If you listen to the tone at :30 in this video where the distorted guitars kick in that's pretty spot on to what I am trying to get. It sounds like there may be some synth layered in with it, but if anyone can help me get to this tone, I would deeply appreciate it.

Yup. Can hear the subs and synth under the guitar here. Once they go back to the verse you can hear them both pop in the mix.

Since you have the FM9 you could run two signal paths---one to mimic the Synth and one for the Guitar.

I read he uses a Diezel VH4 with a keyboard/synth to get the tone. Here's a quick preset thrown together that may give you a starting point.

Attachments

• 3 Days Grace.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 39
I read he uses a Diezel VH4 with a keyboard/synth to get the tone. Here's a quick preset thrown together that may give you a starting point.
Thank you! I will check out the patch when I get home.

I've heard he uses VH4’s. Do you recall where you read about the synth?

So you're saying that Cliff needs to model an Expandora pedal?
I wouldn't mind, it's a unique pedal and one I searched for at one time. Couldn't decide if it was a Fuzzstortion or Distorfuzz but it can get nasty. ;)

Some say it's just a boutique Rat but there are quite a few differences in the circuit once you hit the distortion mode.

Back
Top Bottom