This thread appears under attack see 'a' or aiolblk.... asian language all the same person , 'different universities'!!!!!!!!!!!!!attack attack attack

I posted about this a couple of days ago, and my post was deleted as spam, according to my notification.

It will happen occasionally. Rapport them - but don't post in them. Mods will take care of it.
Yup - I've seen similar before on other forums. I didn't post in the thread, though - I started a new one, just like this one, but it got deleted.

Probably the mods deleted the offending threads, then my post became irrelevant. No probs. It was just a bit puzzling that my notification said it had been deleted as spam. No worries :)

I hate these scammers. One was bothering my grandmother yesterday, actually calling her 1o times asking her in poor Dutch about her computer. She's 93, she avoids computers like the plague. Calling these people filth is an insult to filth.

There are all over TGP right now. It looked like it was from one person, probably a bot. I just ignored that person.

I hate these scammers. One was bothering my grandmother yesterday, actually calling her 1o times asking her in poor Dutch about her computer. She's 93, she avoids computers like the plague. Calling these people filth is an insult to filth.

I get bunches of these calls, even at work.. "We're cal-ling from Microsoft... " and the ever popular "This is the IRS with information regarding a warrant issued for your arrest.." these old nuggets and many more.. I sometimes chat with these assholes - take them right up to the "taking payment and downloading viruses stage" before spoiling their day.

What pisses me off most of all is that I somehow made the list..

THAT list..

...The "too old to think straight so we must scam quickly before he goes all paws up "list" :confused: ...bastards. :mad: :)

I get bunches of these calls, even at work.. "We're cal-ling from Microsoft... " and the ever popular "This is the IRS with information regarding a warrant issued for your arrest.." these old nuggets and many more.. I sometimes chat with these assholes - take them right up to the "taking payment and downloading viruses stage" before spoiling their day.

What pisses me off most of all is that I somehow made the list..

THAT list..

...The "too old to think straight so we must scam quickly before he goes all paws up "list" :confused: ...bastards. :mad: :)
Don't forget the "your car warranty is about to expire" folks as well. Just got that call an hour ago.

I had an awesome argument with the "we're calling from Microsoft" people. Asked him some questions about how he knows my PC is compromised but does not know my IP, etc. He had stupid responses and I kept digging with questions, just to annoy him. He then told me to f'k off and he hung up. I felt like it was a small victory.

Don't forget the "your car warranty is about to expire" folks as well. Just got that call an hour ago.

I had an awesome argument with the "we're calling from Microsoft" people. Asked him some questions about how he knows my PC is compromised but does not know my IP, etc. He had stupid responses and I kept digging with questions, just to annoy him. He then told me to f'k off and he hung up. I felt like it was a small victory.

Had one of these muppets quote me $300.00 to download an antivirus"to disinfect" my computer. .. I asked him, "is that for one computer, or each, ...I have about twelve computers" .. "EACH!" he all-but shouted!!

That was one scumbag who thought he was in for a promotion!

I won't tell you what I said in response to his offer, ...buuuuuut it wasn't nice. ;)

The one I get most often is where I am invited to join a business opportunity to "make thousands in passive income per month" because "they know from last time we talked that I'm a business minded guy." How could I say no? :eek:

I get the Chinese visa scam call three or four times a day. Call Protect from AT&T has helped quite a bit but I’m bitter AT&T charges me +$3/month more for the privilege of not being harassed by phone on their mobile network.

I get the Chinese visa scam call three or four times a day. Call Protect from AT&T has helped quite a bit but I’m bitter AT&T charges me +$3/month more for the privilege of not being harassed by phone on their mobile network.

Amazon product ASIN B0191XMBV2

I initially got one of these for work, because we just became inundated with robo/sales and scam calls and it was driving me bananas (and interferring with business calls).. It worked so well I got one for the house too..

It's not 100 effective, but it really did a good job in drastically cutting down the number of sales and scam calls we get. ..plus it's so easy (and oddly satisfying) to push that button and add to the list of 5000 already pre-blocked numbers. Easy to block, easy to unblock.. works well.

I initially got one of these for work, because we just became inundated with robo/sales and scam calls and it was driving me bananas (and interferring with business calls).. It worked so well I got one for the house too..

It's not 100 effective, but it really did a good job in drastically cutting down the number of sales and scam calls we get. ..plus it's so easy (and oddly satisfying) to push that button and add to the list of 5000 already pre-blocked numbers. Easy to block, easy to unblock.. works well.
I only have a cellular phone so that won't work for me. :(

That. All the time. Always a car I don’t own anymore. I tell them that and they want to know what I’m driving now. Nope. Click.

Reactions: BBN
I only have a cellular phone so that won't work for me. :(

:confused: ...a cellphone, huh? ...I'm still half-hoping those things turn-out to be a fad. :)

..that was one piece of tech I tried my level-best to avoid. I only ended-up getting one to chat with the Wife (who's deaf), other than she, nobody has my cellphone number. ...Even so, I'll still get calls - which I just dismiss - as - they ain't for me.

Tweaks have been made. It's an arms race though. Just report the threads and/or users if it happens again.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom