This rocks so much! Fw18 markIIc+ /ownhammer mesa mordern mix

Sounds cool - I dig the solo!

But, to my ear there appear to be a few "edits" in the solo? One at 3:24 - 3:25 sounded a bit off - maybe a cross-fade or some other minor tweak to make it sound a little more natural?

Don't take it the wrong way, it sounds very good - but it jumped out at me the 1st time I heard it :)

Sounds cool - I dig the solo!

But, to my ear there appear to be a few "edits" in the solo? One at 3:24 - 3:25 sounded a bit off - maybe a cross-fade or some other minor tweak to make it sound a little more natural?

Don't take it the wrong way, it sounds very good - but it jumped out at me the 1st time I heard it :)

the solo was did in 4 "phrases'',

I improvised the 4 parts one at a time t'ill i got something cool,
what you are hearing is 1 phrases starting over the end of the last one!

i left it 'apparent' to give it more of a live feal, like 2 guitar players trading licks!

i probably should've panned them a bit 25%L/25%R to make my intentions clearer...

thanx a lot for the input, this is how i try to learn how to do better mixes!

I like the song. My tip would be to have more middle so you can hear the notes better. Maybe having less gain could also help. :)

the solo was did in 4 "phrases'',

I improvised the 4 parts one at a time t'ill i got something cool,
what you are hearing is 1 phrases starting over the end of the last one!

i left it 'apparent' to give it more of a live feal, like 2 guitar players trading licks!

i probably should've panned them a bit 25%L/25%R to make my intentions clearer...

thanx a lot for the input, this is how i try to learn how to do better mixes!

Ok - fair enough! I've done the same thing myself... maybe letting a note sustain where the next phrase starts, etc... if that is what you were going for then all good :)

I think it sounds terrific, and GREAT playing! The only thing mix-wise was teh drums started getting a little lost at points. How did you record the drums, are they sequenced?

Excellent track. A-typical and unpredictable and I like that. Also: 8-bit synth. I really liked the solos.

I like the song. My tip would be to have more middle so you can hear the notes better. Maybe having less gain could also help. :)

thanx for the tip!

out of curiosity, what are you monitoring on?

i do have a hard time getting good note clarity and punch since i play with no pic... this is my worst enemy!

I think it sounds terrific, and GREAT playing! The only thing mix-wise was teh drums started getting a little lost at points. How did you record the drums, are they sequenced?

agreed! Drums are a bit low, i did no automation on the track, i shoul've made the drum 1,5 db louder and then automate a couple volume move.

thanx for the nice comment!

thanx for the tip!

out of curiosity, what are you monitoring on?

i do have a hard time getting good note clarity and punch since i play with no pic... this is my worst enemy!

I used to play without a pick for the first 5 years I played guitar. Eventually I realized shredding would be nearly impossible without a pick so I had to adjust. I still hold my pick in a weird way though. :)

I'm not sure if monitoring is the right word to use for what I used for listening to your clip but here at home I use my trusty Beyerdynamic DT880s that I've measured and neutralized to be dead flat.

Essentially I feel like your low end chuggs jump out a bit too much and just like I said before I'd love to hear more note clarity. I'm not sure if you have a TS in front of the amp or not but maybe it doesn't need it. If you play with your fingers it would be cool for you to show those dynamics by having less gain. :) That's just my opinion.

I used to play without a pick for the first 5 years I played guitar. Eventually I realized shredding would be nearly impossible without a pick so I had to adjust. I still hold my pick in a weird way though. :)

I'm not sure if monitoring is the right word to use for what I used for listening to your clip but here at home I use my trusty Beyerdynamic DT880s that I've measured and neutralized to be dead flat.

Essentially I feel like your low end chuggs jump out a bit too much and just like I said before I'd love to hear more note clarity. I'm not sure if you have a TS in front of the amp or not but maybe it doesn't need it. If you play with your fingers it would be cool for you to show those dynamics by having less gain. :) That's just my opinion.

my room is not threated, so i have a hard time to balance the low end... i'm on ADAM A7x and ATH-m50 to listen to stuff...

i used a bit of multiband compression (wave's C6) to control the chugg... i went quite soft (like -2db for chuggs) i probably could've gone a bit harder (maybe -4 db?)

yeah I do use a TS in front of the amp, i did change the hipass to 600hz instead of 700hz to preserve the low end a bit more,

i try to play with pics sometimes, i'm not liking it thus far, but i try to continue practicing to eventually be able to play with a pic, fast licks seems harder to me with the pic lol

thanx for all those tips!

the solo sound was done with your cab pack 7 btw! mark iv into sm57-sm57 03

Back
Top Bottom