This rocks so much! Fw18 markIIc+ /ownhammer mesa mordern mix

vondano

Inspired
https://soundcloud.com/vondano/automating-evolution

i am getting close to the sound i am after!

the hard part, for me, is not to get a great guitar sound, its to mix it in a full song. This is my latest attempt at this!

any pointer will be welcomed!

...i could not stop myself from doing a funky/groovy solo in there...

i really like the last riff!

bass is also axe-fx

i can share the patches if anyone wants them, but keep in mind i play with no pic, so they may sound weird for you!

thanx for cheking this out!

Nico

EDIT: patch in post 14!

Last edited:
Thanx a lot guys! 2

1st, here is the patch, in this post. I used the ownhammer mesa modern mix ir... the RAW03 file. (412-GTR MES-ST OH-Modern V3 MIX - $5.00 : OwnHammer.com - Store)

i did a couple tricks in the cab block! room lv is at 22%, air at 5% (10khz), preamp is set to modern with both knobs at 2 and a little eq (bass 2, mid 1, trble 0.5)
i then used some PEQ to hipass around 100hz and lowpass at 7.5khz with a lower Q (around 5.8)
there is also a bit of cut to the 400hz and 700hz region.

like i said in the 1st post, honestly, getting GREAT tone is super easy with the axe-fx, what i find hard is to mix those in a song,

this thing took like 2 months to mix... its 85 tracks of synths and stuff, and I AM NOT a pro, just a weekend warrior really.

TO THOSE CHECKING OUT THE PATCH:
i used a PEQ block to mimic more pic attack, its the 1st thing in the chain. I think you should probably bypass that,
also, there is 2 gate, the 1st one is my regular gate, the 2nd one (bypassed) is an alternate one i used for fast stop-go part.

anyway, thanx a lot for all the nice comments and for taking time to check this out!

feel free to ask any question about tones or mix stuff, i will try to pass the knowledge to the best of my abilities.

nico

p.s. sorry for my english, i am french canadian.

Attachments

• Vondano's Mark II C+.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 58
people trying the patch will probably find it a thin on the bass side,

this is the way i found it worked best for 'in the mix' !

Back
Top Bottom