This One’s for Mark Day or Any other Fractal Engineer

Stevel0213

Good morning from Raleigh,
I’m reaching out to you after talking with Kevin who suggested perhaps you might be able to help. I’ve been an FX8 user since 2020, and recently had the unit serviced at Fractal. When it came back I understand the that the parameters had been reset, but still maintained my customizations. However I found
that while I’m in a particular scene in a preset and decide to randomly use a block temporarily that’s not part of the scene program, once I change scenes to solo, then come back to the original scene the block that I only intended to use temporarily becomes a permanent effect within that scene.

Example: in a scene where I use these blocks for rhythm:
DRV
REV
DEL

I added Chorus just for a little color on that particular part of the song. I then switched out my lead solo scene and when I went back to the rhythm scene, the Chorus block had become part of the scene permanently. This is not limited To Chorus and is definitely not a global setting issue. It happens on any bank, with any preset and any block used temporarily (when normally not activate in a particular scene). Basically a randomly intended one-off use of a block becomes a permanently active block within that scene. But if I switch banks and come back to the original bank and scene the presets have the normally active blocks. Same thing if I turn off the unit.

That’s never happened before and is really a problem. It also happens on totally different presets. Kevin has said this is how the unit is supposed to work. But for the past two years that has not been the case. it looks as if the parameter reset probably restored a function that I changed a long time ago. Either that or more than likely came with a firmware update after I got mine. I have no recollection whatsoever doing this. And I specifically recall all the programs I created and/or modified.

Do you know why this would happen all of a sudden and how to change it back to what had been my normal mode? It’s undesirable to not have that functionality, especially in a live gig situation. I definitely need to fix this and appreciate any advice/assistance you can.

Thank you for your time.
Steve Lane

Back
Top Bottom