This new firmware sounds great...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe some new cabs since the new IR capture was in the last update. Hopefully some new FX too.

prob. new amps, better amp modeling (again :D), and some fixes and system features..maybe some new effects..

I don't want to brag, but Avid released a new firmware like a year or two ago and I've had it for a few months already now. And it only cost me like $99 to boot. It's pretty cool...hope you're not too jealous.

The really cool part is that all the issues that we've been reporting to them since the 11R was released actually aren't issues. I mean clearly they would have done something about it at this point if they were real problems. I never knew; guess I'm just not very smart.

On a serious note I figure that we'll be up to about v5 by the time I get my coupon which should be about the same time that sarcasm and wit no longer appeases my AxeFXII GAS. It's going to be close. Just let me hear some clips every so often as you get updates so I can live vicariously. Maybe I'll just make a black cutout with a Fractal Audio label and put it over my 11R. ;)

If there's a new firmware that sounds even better than 3.02 I will be most pleased. The last update was by far the most major improvement I've heard since I switched from an Ultra to a II...

I hope. I have seen a lot of requests for more high gain amps. But if you go by sales numbers of actual amps for high end equipment it looks like the Marshall JVM and ENGL Savage are the biggest omission. I would think the Diezel Herbert would be the 3rd.

There's probably no amp sim I'd rather see in the Axe more than the ENGL Savage 120. It manages to have a ton of useful gain available while always being incredibly clear and articulate. Also, it's about the most unique sounding high gainer I've ever heard. You can always recognize them when you hear them. It's hard to describe, but where most high gain amps sizzle, this thing wallops. It sounds like there's serious weight behind every palm mute and single note runs come across as authoritative and gigantic. The amp just sounds mean in the best ways.

Making a good, fully featured amp sim out of it would present some serious challenges, though. For one, ENGL schematics are apparently very hard to come by, and even when you do, it could likely be a fake. Also, the Savage itself is quite a complex amp that features many channels and tone shaping buttons that do more than just change the eq curve. That's not even to mention that the lead channels have two gain knobs each. These options would probably make a proper Savage sim a very hard pill for the Axe to swallow.

Maybe one day. :)

I hope. I have seen a lot of requests for more high gain amps. But if you go by sales numbers of actual amps for high end equipment it looks like the Marshall JVM and ENGL Savage are the biggest omission. I would think the Diezel Herbert would be the 3rd.

Others will probably mention other high gain amps. But these three seem to be more talked about (not just here on Fractal) among the high gain amps not on the Axe-Fx currently. I am not counting 80s metal amps. Just modern rock/metal sounds.

JVM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orange on 3rd channel!!!

i think each new firmware should have a name, not a number. chuck norris next, then bruce lee, then jackie chan, then jet li...etc etc

it would be cool...you could say, i'm not chuck norris right now, but i'll be upgrading to bruce lee tonight....or jet li totally smokes jackie chan, cos it has that extra thump...y'know, stuff like that

simeon for deputy

I'm still clinging to 2.0c... it sounds too good and I'm afraid to change anything... but I don't think I'm going to be able to watch the bandwagon roll off into the distance without getting back on board. Dammit. Resistance is futile... :)

Yust keep your old FW and your patches... and you'll be able to switch back at will :cool:

Those firmware upgrade are like women. Just when you think you have the perfect one, there is an even better one crossing your way and I can't help it, gotta try it out...until the next one...again...and again...again...

Others will probably mention other high gain amps. But these three seem to be more talked about (not just here on Fractal) among the high gain amps not on the Axe-Fx currently. I am not counting 80s metal amps. Just modern rock/metal sounds.

Oh....I would so love to see one of these:

Deizel Einstien or Herbert

Marshall JVM 410

EVH 5150

ENGL Savage

Hughes & Kettner Triamp

Firmware updates

These things are so high-tech, I'm surprised they can't connect to the Fractal Audio website through the USB connection to the computer and update themselves! Mine arrives Thursday - really looking forward to it. My wife will be happy to see what she got me for Christmas

There's probably no amp sim I'd rather see in the Axe more than the ENGL Savage 120. It manages to have a ton of useful gain available while always being incredibly clear and articulate. Also, it's about the most unique sounding high gainer I've ever heard. You can always recognize them when you hear them. It's hard to describe, but where most high gain amps sizzle, this thing wallops. It sounds like there's serious weight behind every palm mute and single note runs come across as authoritative and gigantic. The amp just sounds mean in the best ways.

Making a good, fully featured amp sim out of it would present some serious challenges, though. For one, ENGL schematics are apparently very hard to come by, and even when you do, it could likely be a fake. Also, the Savage itself is quite a complex amp that features many channels and tone shaping buttons that do more than just change the eq curve. That's not even to mention that the lead channels have two gain knobs each. These options would probably make a proper Savage sim a very hard pill for the Axe to swallow.

Maybe one day. :)

Actually the Blackmore is supposed to be a scaled down Savage with less options. Its the one Matthias and Rudy from the Scorps were using

so maybe a model of that one would be easier a "Black Knight" in the Richie theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom