This may be the wrong forum for this but...AxeEdit for tablet/iPad?

So I use my MacBook Air for my Axe Edit and it works great but with so many great stands and mic stand holders for the iPad not to mention the fact that I'd like to travel as light as possible without having to bring a $1000 laptop with all of my other software on it, it would be nice to be able to use an iPad to edit my AxeFx while on the road or even just to visually verify my chain quickly live.

Is it outside of the realm of possibility because of the limitations of the iPad or is this something that could happen in the future?

It was once kind of implied that it could happen in the future but I think we all stop holding our breath a long time ago. I recently decided to get a cheap 2 in one tablet that runs Windows to run edit. Should run me under $200. Should be great for that purpose

It was once kind of implied that it could happen in the future but I think we all stop holding our breath a long time ago. I recently decided to get a cheap 2 in one tablet that runs Windows to run edit. Should run me under $200. Should be great for that purpose

Not a bad idea...I think I'll look into that option. Thanks.

Which tablet did you get, Broken?
I have not gotten one yet. I was going to go for the surface but those are too much. There are a few that are in the $150-$200 range that seem like they will work. Just have to make sure you get one with a usb that runs Windows cause some run chrome

Reactions: svl
I use my Surface Pro 3 (buying a SP4 sometime early next year). I would definitely agree on finding a cheap Windows based tablet/convertible to use.

$80, won't be the snappiest of things but should run Axe-Edit OK. Has Micro-USB, so you'll need to make sure you have the correct cable too: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...459594)(je6NUbpObpQ-gS3qUEk5Z3_x1qoovXRfXw)()

$300, will perform a bit better. Again, microUSB: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...gnature-Edition-2-in-1-PC/productID.321435100

You just missed a ton of good deals from Cyber Monday / Black Friday too.

I've noticed that brand at a few places now, but they're not very well known. The specs seem pretty dang nice for the price.

I use my Surface Pro 3 (buying a SP4 sometime early next year). I would definitely agree on finding a cheap Windows based tablet/convertible to use.

$80, won't be the snappiest of things but should run Axe-Edit OK. Has Micro-USB, so you'll need to make sure you have the correct cable too: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Toshiba-Encore-Mini-WT7-C16MS-Signature-Edition-Tablet/productID.307250100?ClickID=dttsswmsz0yxm0sbxzxwsoxbkr2znymbchhx&tduid=(9f48dde8aa4afdfd451966d605753cdc)(256380)(2459594)(je6NUbpObpQ-gS3qUEk5Z3_x1qoovXRfXw)()

$300, will perform a bit better. Again, microUSB: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...gnature-Edition-2-in-1-PC/productID.321435100

You just missed a ton of good deals from Cyber Monday / Black Friday too.

I was considering a Surface 3 since I can also use it for other stuff and I use Macs at home and could use something that runs Windows when I need it. How has your experience been using AxeEdit with the Surface 3? :)

Very positive. I have the Core i7, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD version. It is very snappy and works very well. I usually have the SP3 on top of my rack, with USB to the Axe and power to a power strip. I actually use it more for running Reaper than anything, so I generally have AxeEdit and Reaper running.
I also use my SP3 daily for work - I do a lot of IT work (development work included) and it works wonderful. Actually performs just as well as the full blown laptop that work issued me. I'm a big fan of Win10 as well. I even do some light gaming on it... Binding of Issac runs just fine, as do other non-graphics-heavy games.

I've been thinking someone might develop a phone app that communicates to a simple wifi interface box that would attach to the Axe's USB port.

Writing the basics of the app is the easy part...basically child's play. With no API or SDK publicly available, the rest is basically a non-starter. You can try to capture the USB traffic, but anyone that does that is in for a long ride with no guarantee that they'll really get anywhere.

I've poked at that very thing a couple of times.

I've noticed that brand at a few places now, but they're not very well known. The specs seem pretty dang nice for the price.
Yea they had to cut corners to keep cost down but unless I sold my iPad 3 I can't justify dropping the coin on a surface 3. I just need to run edit. Fractal bot have excel on there and Adobe to read pdf's. I would always keep back ups on there and the latest fw version.

I currently don't use edit other than at home and i use a mbp for that but I really rather have something inexpensive just for this purpose

Yea they had to cut corners to keep cost down but unless I sold my iPad 3 I can't justify dropping the coin on a surface 3. I just need to run edit. Fractal bot have excel on there and Adobe to read pdf's. I would always keep back ups on there and the latest fw version.

I currently don't use edit other than at home and i use a mbp for that but I really rather have something inexpensive just for this purpose
My first concern would be the apparent lack of warranty. From what I read, at best, it comes with a 30 day warranty? Kind of puts me off a little bit. But, it's cheap, so if it dies you could just buy another :)

Microcenter Winbook tablet. About 100 bucks. Full Windows 8. Full size USB port. Micro hdmi.

Actually been my only PC for about a year. Have a monitor and usb hub with keyboard, mouse, external hd, and afx2 plugged in. Does the job fine running axe edit, most web stuff, some daw stuff (not too crazy), etc.

Throw one if those in your gig bag and you have full edit, update,backup, get new irs capabilities on the go. Plus it's only 100 if you lose break it.

Back
Top Bottom