This kid is just so talented-Kent Nishimura

Amazing. There's a looper, right? I'm not seeing him play everything I'm hearing. And the low octave is what, steep crossover into an octaver?
Nope, no looper. That is him. His whole deal is he plays everything. When he ads something he he does a pic in pic thing and it's him playing another part. Check out Thriller and some other stuff.

Nope, no looper. That is him. His whole deal is he plays everything. When he ads something he he does a pic in pic thing and it's him playing another part. Check out Thriller and some other stuff.
He is using a looper during the guitar solo (lead) towards the end, all else looks like it’s played in real time.

He is using a looper during the guitar solo (lead) towards the end, all else looks like it’s played in real time.
Well he says he doesn't use a looper without acknowledging it beforehand. He does play with all four fingers and his thumb and of course heel of hand etc. I am going to have to believe the kid. But I will see if I can get an email off to him. Maybe he'll answer.
I remember the same thing being said of a young girl, "Gabriella Quevedo" . don't remember which video\song though.
Hopefully Kent will answer me.

I posted a comment on youtube. He posted the video in question TODAY, so hopefully he will look at some comments. I just said a few folks on a website I frequent said he was using a looper. So we'll see I guess.

Last edited:
Looks like it's played by him? Hmmm.
Watch the section from 3:48 to 4:00 is what I’m referring to, watch carefully right where the video crossfades, he’s playing a solo, watch his thumb. The bass notes of the chords are covered by his thumb reaching over the top all the way through the song up to that point, but it is not doing so during this solo section, he is too high up the neck to be hitting those bass notes, yet you can clearly hear the rhythm with bass and chords continuing. Everything else is him and he is amazing!

Watch the section from 3:48 to 4:00 is what I’m referring to, watch carefully right where the video crossfades, he’s playing a solo, watch his thumb. The bass notes of the chords are covered by his thumb reaching over the top all the way through the song up to that point, but it is not doing so during this solo section, he is too high up the neck to be hitting those bass notes, yet you can clearly hear the rhythm with bass and chords continuing. Everything else is him and he is amazing!

EDIT: well, OK, but he is actually SHOWING you 2 players, as in on purpose, that's why the video stops and starts as it does. So yes for the END\outro he is playing over himself. and he is showing you he is.
Sometimes he will play a solo over his rhythms, but whenever he does he SHOWS it so it is obvious. well, in this case not so obvious to me at first.

This is why it kind of "fooled" me. When it's not JUST HIM live he lets you know.

Last edited:
EDIT: well, OK, but he is actually SHOWING you 2 players, as in on purpose, that's why the video stops and starts as it does. So yes for the END\outro he is playing over himself. and he is showing you he is.
Sometimes he will play a solo over his rhythms, but whenever he does he SHOWS it so it is obvious. well, in this case not so obvious to me at first.
Well, it will be interesting to hear what he has to say about it. I don’t think it takes anything away from his talent as he literally played 99% without the looper, but that section is clear to me that he is not playing the rhythm while playing that solo. If you also look at that section from 3:48-4:00 ask yourself: Why does he crossfade the video? Also, observe that he is using a guitar pick and NO other fingers on his right hand. That should make it clear.

I’m also not trying to argue but I can pretty much guarantee that He’s not playing both the rhythm and lead during that one section. Again, it doesn’t take away anything from his talent and I’m sure he’ll confirm that truth. Either way, he is an AMAZINGLY talented young man!! Good find!

Well, it will be interesting to hear what he has to say about it. I don’t think it takes anything away from his talent as he literally played 99% without the looper, but that section is clear to me that he is not playing the rhythm while playing that solo. If you also look at that section from 3:48-4:00 ask yourself: Why does he crossfade the video? Also, observe that he is using a guitar pick and NO other fingers on his right hand. That should make it clear.

I’m also not trying to argue but I can pretty much guarantee that He’s not playing both the rhythm and lead during that one section. Again, it doesn’t take away anything from his talent and I’m sure he’ll confirm that truth. Either way, he is an AMAZINGLY talented young man!! Good find!
I agreed with you in post #11 :) Probably crossed in the air that is the web!

Back
Top Bottom