This is why i prefer using a sine-sweep instead of guitar-shredding

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
Gitarre_vs_SineSweep_2.jpg

So, what do we see here? Matching with a sine-sweep from voice3 of the synth block (20Hz - 20Khz, attached to LFO) gives me always the same, redundant result.

Not so with guitar-shredding as carrier signal for the tonematch: wether i use a (default) average timeto measure or measure using peak hold only the loudest peaks per frequency i get sometimes good results, sometimes not that good. Yes, the important mids seems to be alwys correct, but the highs differ a lot ... so, you CAN get (very) good and correct results using the guitar as carrier signal, but you MUST NOT!

I prefer and trust the sine-sweep: Always redundant (and in my opinion most valid) results ...

... and by the way: How to create a Sine-sweep i show in this (german language) Tutorial, where i want to capture a mix from 4 Cab IRs into the TMA Block ....

But i think, just watching and listen to the Axe-Fx and you should understand, how and why it works ...

Creating a sine sweep: starts at 4.40

Show the perfect flat response from the testsignal (sine-sweep): starts at 8.48 ...

I am really thankful, that Cliff include this feature into the Axe-Fx! Great tool!

Back
Top Bottom