This is what I'm getting if you all approve!

dajart

This is what I think I'm getting:

AXE FX II XL+
MFC 101
Mission SP-1 Expression Pedal
Matrix GT1000FX -2U
XiTone Passive 2x12 Cab
Furman PL-8C -15A Power Conditioner (I guess this will work? Its their cheapest at $192)

Now I need suggestions for a rack to hold this! What to get guys?!

Oh, and if someone would post exactly what cables I need for ALL this rig I would really appreciate it!

BTW, I am going to be using this only at home studio. I don't play in a band but, my old buddies from high school want to "get the band back together" haha!
I'm really looking forward actually jamming with my old friends. We're serious about getting the band going just to play local gigs. No biggie. We're all in late 40's/early 50's so its just for the hell of it :lol

Sorry about that! Should I close this one? BTW, you're close to me! DFW!

Mod - can you close this for me? I'll put this message in the original one I started! So sorry about this. New to it all

Last edited:
Check out this Sequential power conditioner from Carvin $149.00 - A lot more for the money and if you set up sequence correctly, It will eliminate "Pops" automatically every time you power up and power down. I have one and it is really nice and a great value. Nice digital voltage readout and good quality lighting.

CarvinGuitars.com : AC120S POWER CONDITIONER/SEQUENCER

They have free shipping on it right now too.

Lots of different and great configurations possible.
Your planned rig looks nice.

If you're still looking for input, here's mine:
My personal preference for amplification would be one (or more if you have the $$) Atomic Amps active CLR wedge instead of the Matrix and XiTone. I use my CLRs every day and absolutely love them. Have used them professionally and daily for almost a year and never had a single hiccup from them.
If you want the Expression pedal for Wah then the Mission is great, if you want it for a volume pedal or other efx then I would look at Fractals EV-1 pedal instead, it has a much longer sweep.
Also I don't need a Furman, the power is clean where I live and the venues I play deliver filtered and surge protected power, but I know the power many places in the US is less than clean, so you might need a Furman.

Lots of different and great configurations possible.
Your planned rig looks nice.

If you're still looking for input, here's mine:
My personal preference for amplification would be one (or more if you have the $$) Atomic Amps active CLR wedge instead of the Matrix and XiTone. I use my CLRs every day and absolutely love them. Have used them professionally and daily for almost a year and never had a single hiccup from them.
If you want the Expression pedal for Wah then the Mission is great, if you want it for a volume pedal or other efx then I would look at Fractals EV-1 pedal instead, it has a much longer sweep.
Also I don't need a Furman, the power is clean where I live and the venues I play deliver filtered and surge protected power, but I know the power many places in the US is less than clean, so you might need a Furman.

Furman's don't really do much for the quality of the power, but make a super handy way to keep all your gear plugged in. Its a rack mount power strip basically, but having done the method of taping a power strip in my rack, I can say the Furman I got was well worth the $48 (MF 15% off accessories sale, they have them all the time)

Buy a couple of 1 or 2 foot power cords, which are $2-3, and it just keeps everything so neat and secure in the back. I have my Axe, my wireless, the spare port for charging my phone/laptop, and then 2 outputs going to monitors. I can turn it all on/off with a single switch, it provides so surge protection (doesn't hurt to have) and since its bolted to my rack rails, I don't have to worry about it coming untaped and banging around in transit etc.

Taking power "conditioning" totally out of the equation they are still a great buy IMO

My pedalboard is the MFC-101 Mk III, with 2 EV-1 expression pedals, and 1 Mission controller. I love the FAS EV-1 for volume and modulation control, and the Mission is perfect for wah.

You'll never regret having a good power conditioner.

Back
Top Bottom