This Is Spinal Tap sequel confirmed for 2024 with original cast

kind of need
Kind of need? So many jokes went over people's heads. The band I was in at the time had a party and watched it together and laughed and laughed.

I hope they come out with a new version of the book.

Guitar Player Magazine did a big feature article of them around the time the movie came out that caused a huge stir for months. People couldn't figure out who this band was that suddenly was so big but they'd never heard of before. It was a great kudo for the actors and I think helped contribute to making the movie famous as guitar players around the world were suddenly scrambling to understand how did that "super-band" come out of nowhere.

https://www.guitarworld.com/gw-arch...r-world-interview-almost-legendary-spinal-tap is pretty good too.

TUFNEL: When you get older you realize that what's important is not the amount of notes that you play. It's if you're thinking about them after you've played them.

ST. HUBBINS: A mental resonance.

TUFNEL: Exactly. A mental depository. Can you remember what you played? If you can't, why did you play it? It becomes a thinking man's game. You want each note to be a score or a movie or a novel --

SMALLS: A novella.

ST. HUBBINS: Or a novelization. I'd say the same thing about rhythm guitar, though the terminology has changed over the years. They used to talk about the "chunk"; now it's about the "crunch." Basically, it's what feels right, rather than what sounds right. You are communicating with your instrument through your hands, and the instrument is communicating back through your hands to you. It's rather like a ferret -- like a hungry ferret running around in a wheel.

TUFNEL: If you put a hungry ferret in your trousers, he'll run around. You'd be surprised at the energy. The key, of course, is to always bathe -- even on the road or on a bus.

Last edited:
"Original cast?" They gotta be in their 70's! So what's it's gonna be, like old, washed-up rockers, who never made it, and how they're still trying to tour, playing to near-empty clubs? :tearsofjoy:
I can imagine a story line in which they have to cancel a series of dates because someone throws out their back lifting an SVT cab. Lol

Yeah, I just want to see the updated drummer history! :p
The story will probably be written so that a drummer is not needed today. The band will use backing tracks but will always have issues/malfunctions at gigs because of the new-fangled technology.

Somewhere in the movie the computer will catch fire or crash. Another Spinal Tap drummer is gone. 

Nigel Tunnel will have a quote of something like "It has EZ Drummer in the title but it is not easy"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom