This is how close the Axe Fx II can get to a real EVH 5150III

Sounds great. What are your amp settings? :D

Did you have to mess with any parameters outside of the normal bass, middle, treble, presence, etc?

Sounds great. What are your amp settings? :D

Did you have to mess with any parameters outside of the normal bass, middle, treble, presence, etc?

Settings on T808 are defaults but with drive at 0, 5153 Red settings are:

Gain: 4.7
Bass: 8
Middle: 7
High: 5
Depth: 6
Presence: 8

No I didn't mess with other parameters, although I touch every possible knob when I build presets from scratch.

No I didn't mess with other parameters, although I touch every possible knob when I build presets from scratch.

Thanks, man. :)

You had to add Depth to it, even though the actual amp doesn't have it? Or are you using the 50 watt version, which has it? Or, am I retarded?

You had to add Depth to it, even though the actual amp doesn't have it? Or are you using the 50 watt version, which has it? Or, am I retarded?

EVH 100W doesn't have a Depth value, but its default setting is 6 within the Axe-Fx. For good reason: I tried putting it at 0 and then doing a Tonematch didn't compensate at all for the lack of low end. On the other hand I prefer to put it at 0 when building presets from scratch.

EVH 100W doesn't have a Depth value, but its default setting is 6 within the Axe-Fx. For good reason: I tried putting it at 0 and then doing a Tonematch didn't compensate at all for the lack of low end. On the other hand I prefer to put it at 0 when building presets from scratch.

That's odd about no depth, but depth. lol

Either way, sounds great. And I love your Youtube videos.

was really hoping the answer wasn't going to be here darn!

saying that the clips sounded very close although I could hear a little mud on the first clip only in the first bit of the clip and the 2nd sounded like it had a little more high end sizzle to it
I couldn't have guessed which was which

what suprises me is the gain setting .....very very far from experience but then you did have a boost in front

any suggestions on a good cab to replicate this? doesnt sound like the standard pvh mix or p6160 cabs

Lol, well that's a bummer, about the equipment, but I'm glad you are enjoying the beaches. I guess all you really need is a guitar.

The 5150 III has a fixed depth circuit. The model defaults to an appropriate Depth value to replicate this.

Lol, well that's a bummer, about the equipment, but I'm glad you are enjoying the beaches. I guess all you really need is a guitar.

Let's hijack this thread! :D I've been playing real amps and Godins and Teles. Nothing compares to an Axe-Fx. But when I get home I have a new Axe-II waiting like it's xmas!!!!

Mine is arriving monday according to UPS.....it is like X'mas isn't it :)

congrats, it's an awesome tool. The fun part is, when you play it for the first time. Your draw drops, and and you loose sleep. Then you beat yourself up, for not buying it sooner. Then after you have used it for awhile, you'll buy a mfc101 and a half decent FRFR solution, and you will become a different player, because you took the time to buy the best of the best. All it did for me is know that I have my amp tones covered, now I can concentrate on my playing, and I have been playing since I was 10. Cliff has created an awesome device, that will give you tons of fun. It's an inspiring device for sure.

I do not believe the III has a resonance control.

It does...at least the 50-watter does. I just got one yesterday. Resonance control is located on the back.

Edit - just saw that the 100-watt version does not have the resonance control.

Back
Top Bottom