This Is Gonna Hurt

Outstandig reminds me on Frank Zappa with Steve Vai in the band :D and as a matter of fact it did not hurt....very pleasant playing and tone.

Thanks a lot - not a jazzer but thanks anyway!

Maybe the wrong genre' to the, "T" for a comparison, but any time I hear, "whacked" chromatic licks as you've displayed incredibly, jazz influence always comes to mind for me. Maybe jazz/fusion would be a better comparison due to the drive tones. Nonetheless... incredible playing, man.

Definite, "artist page" material, Cliff. ;)

Maybe the wrong genre' to the, "T" for a comparison, but any time I hear, "whacked" chromatic licks as you've displayed incredibly, jazz influence always comes to mind for me. Maybe jazz/fusion would be a better comparison due to the drive tones. Nonetheless... incredible playing, man.

Definite, "artist page" material, Cliff. ;)
Thanks a lot - I do not mind jazz comparisons, don't get me wrong. I just don't want anyone to think I claim to be a jazzer (I've never studied it and have absolutely no repertoire!) but you're right, the 'outside', quasi-atonal stuff is indebted to jazz, at least in spirit. I consider myself a rock (albeit rock with a twist) guitarist through and through.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom