• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

This is friggin' cool science.

NY Guitarist

Experienced
I'm totally hooked on TED talks. I subscribe to the videos on iTunes so they download in the background and have new videos all the time.

What I REALLY like about them is that they are very positive and constructively focused on discovering solutions or understanding of problems. It's my anti-hate medicine.

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
TED talks are great because, as you say NY Guitarist, it's about finding interesting solutions to apply our knowledge. I absolutely love the videos from the = World Science Fair every year. I always get strange reactions when I tell people, "I had a hard time deciding on a major. If I didn't go with Music, I would've pursued theoretical physics". I still might go into physics if I ever decide to give up on becoming a rockstar. That would require a level of maturity I'm refusing to let myself get to, however.

Side note: Have you ever seen the World Science Fair Neurology video with Bobby McFarren? He demonstrates the power of the pentatonic scale with a simple demonstration that blows the scientists minds.

NY Guitarist

Experienced
Mosquitoes LOVE me...

Haha.. me too! And I once rented a summer cabin off of a road actually named SWAMP ROAD! No joke. The lane the cabin was on was called something like Pleasant Lane, but was surrounded by watershed land that was a mosquito factory. I had no idea that it would be the summer of mosquito hell...

Damn Real Estate agent really got me good... lol

Top Bottom