This guy needs an Axe-FX!

A to the T

Experienced
Or a leg extension......

pedalboard.jpg

At least he's not limited to only 12 blocks..... I wonder what happens if you turn them all on at once?

Easy - the intro to "She Sells Sanctuary" :lol

Billy Duffy: "I did it to amuse Astbury, who was in the control room, and in order to make it sound weirder, I just hit every pedal I had on the pedal board. Then once I stopped banging the strings and doing all that, I played the middle section of the song, which was kind of a pick thing with all the BOSS pedals on, and that sound just leaped out."

source: http://www.bossus.com/boss_users_group/article.php?ArticleId=811

... he must be a tap dancer. All I know it would be a real pain in the arse if you wanted to open a window. :)

when i ran a music store, we got the huge pedal display - it never sounded right with every single pedal hooked up as the signal degraded etc. i took the entire thing apart and just used the pedals individually for demos. sounded way better.

I wonder if that is every Boss pedal ever made.

I really, really want them to all be unique at least.

Here's a video of it: Interactive Guitar Pedal Art Installation — by David Byrne on Vimeo

As maligned as they are, I'll be most guitar player's first pedal was a Boss. Mine was an OD-2. I still have a soft spot for that form factor. The way the actuator and spring feel when you step on them. That click you get screw that keeps the foot treadle part of the pedal in place stops up against it's range of travel. It's iconic. An all-Boss pedalboard still looks totally bad ass to me. Jeff Healey used to roll with his three-humbucker Strat, and all-Boss board (that plastic case they made that held 4 or 5 pedals) and a Twin. And dammit if he didn't sound absolutely killer every time I saw him play: Jeff Healey Band (Live at Notodden Blues Festival, august 2006): How blue can you get - YouTube

Oh hey look, a just-about-par-for-the-course Nashville guitar player's rig!

Replace the amp with one about a third as powerful and it'll be right on the money.

At least he's not limited to only 12 blocks..... I wonder what happens if you turn them all on at once?

I would imagine something like national lampoons Christmas vacation when sparky turns on the lights on the house and the whole city dims...:D

I wonder if that is every Boss pedal ever made.

Not likely, but fairly close. None of their double pedals are there. By my account, we're looking at 96 9Volt batteries. I.e. $300 worth of batteries. Imagine if that truley were the case? And then after playing you had to go and unplug 96 jacks so the batteries wouldn't drain when not being used? Now THAT would be sickening......

Back
Top Bottom