This could be the answer for an FM3 dual amp setup!

I've done things like this as well. What yields nice results (I think) Is the Rat drive because it has a filter knob. I put a TS808 Drive in front of that then a GEQ block into one half of a stereo Cab, panned hard L/R of course.

Remember, I am no expert preset builder (to put it mildly), but maybe somebody way more accomplished then me could take this ball and run with it.... :)

Anyway, here is the preset:

Attachments

• Stereo Studio Plexirat.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 36

This preset has NO amp or cab blocks! Just some drive blocks as amp in the box type of things with some heavy EQ inspired by @Cooper Carter ’s amp in a room custom cab video. So I used this to dial in a John Mayer tone. This could be an answer for FM3 users wanting a second amp and cab!

Yeah, see the Drive Guide: Replacing an Amp with a Drive.

And:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/preset-amp-cab-without-amp-cab.142395/
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/the-power-of-a-drive-block-and-audio-drop-elimination.124759/

You can split into 2 cabs and pan hard left and right. Depending on how different the IR's are, it can sound like 2 amps to me.

This could have interesting applications for a piezo equipped guitar. It could free up the cab/IR to enhance the piezo while simultaneously running mag p/u's. Thanks!

I've done things like this as well. What yields nice results (I think) Is the Rat drive because it has a filter knob. I put a TS808 Drive in front of that then a GEQ block into one half of a stereo Cab, panned hard L/R of course.

Remember, I am no expert preset builder (to put it mildly), but maybe somebody way more accomplished then me could take this ball and run with it.... :)

Anyway, here is the preset:
Just to be clear, I didn’t just replace an Amp block with a Drive block, I was going for a wide, two amp stereo kind of sound, so on one side there is a “real” amp and on the other side a “faux” one. After some tweaking to make it suit your own guitar, playing style, preferences and set up you can end up with a result that, especially in a dense mix, might be more than “passable”.

Thanks.
But that way you don't get the exact characteristic sound of X amp.
I didn't know when purchasing that there was no second amp block.
Than, I decided not to sell my old processor Hotone Ampero One.
When I need 2 blocks, I just use them together.

Back
Top Bottom