Third-Party MIDI Spec

Oh yes, there is.
Really... where?
I think you are confusing “mode” with command (or button press). I’m happy to be shown that my understanding is not quite complete, but I don’t see the “overdub” command option on the UI. I see an indicator that overdub “mode” is enabled...

Really... where?
I think you are confusing “mode” with command (or button press). I’m happy to be shown that my understanding is not quite complete, but I don’t see the “overdub” command option on the UI. I see an indicator that overdub “mode” is enabled...
After playing around with this more this morning I see that you're absolutely correct here. And, more so, I'm able to keep the status of the RJM switches and the looper mode indicators in the block in sync.

Tell me about, Ian?

I've got the Record button programmed as a regular IA (on/off), but it stays lit when pressing it the 4th time.

Tell me about, Ian?

I've got the Record button programmed as a regular IA (on/off), but it stays lit when pressing it the 4th time.
That's exactly what happens if you press the Record soft knob on the front of the unit. First press starts recording, second puts it in overdub, subsequent presses keep it in overdub (so no state change).

That's exactly what happens if you press the Record soft knob on the front of the unit. First press starts recording, second puts it in overdub, subsequent presses keep it in overdub (so no state change).
Also exactly what happens on the FC... You have to press Play to come out of overdub and keep the loop playing.

Also exactly what happens on the FC... You have to press Play to come out of overdub and keep the loop playing.
And my RJM and FC-6 are staying in lock step with the state changes. So, crazy me, thinking this wasn't working and we needed another SysEx call here. ¯\(ツ)

Can anyone help me find the sysex messages to change delay tempo note values?

Fractal Audio sent me those for Axe Fx 2 which i shared on the forum and was added to wiki by @yek .

Would be great to have the same sheet for Axe Fx 3

Really... where?

Ah, you guys are right. I had that "Overdub" symbol in my mind as a button. The fact that I can't press Record again to stop Overdubbing simply is something I have to get used to.

I have both a Voodoo Lab Ground Control and a TC Electronics G-System, would I be right in thinking that this might enable me to use one of those? Ideally, I would use the G-System (nice bright 'soft touch' footswitches)

I have both a Voodoo Lab Ground Control and a TC Electronics G-System, would I be right in thinking that this might enable me to use one of those? Ideally, I would use the G-System (nice bright 'soft touch' footswitches)
This thread is about the Axe Fx III midi specs for third party midi systems to support the Axe Fx directly.

Neither of the units you listed are going to get an update for the Axe Fx III so this isn't really the correct thread for the question.

Anything that can send midi PC and CC commands will "work", but the extent of how much they is dependent on the unit.

The Ground Control definitely has some limitations. I don't have experience with the G-system.

Try doing some forum searches...

Is there any difference between the Mark 1 and Mark 2 SysEx implementations? Would 3rd party controllers need to update their software to support Mark 2, or does it look the same via MIDI?

Greetings!
Where can I get the latest description of the message formats?
Calling function 0x01 after receive the status dump response (0x13) and I do receive the response only no clue how to parse them...
Tried with what I found here but it's somewhat confusing
Thanks

I have some examples here: https://github.com/tysonlt/AxeFxControl/blob/master/src/interface/private/AxeSystem_Handlers.cpp

Have a look at AxeSystem: processEffectDump()
Thanks @tysonlt but I already parsed the STATUS DUMP (COMMAND 13H) by using this specs. Once you call the statusDump, you have the effectID so one should be able to query about its parameters - only that feature is no longer described in AXE-FX III MIDI FOR THIRD-PARTY DEVICES. Older specs used to have some function related to the layout info and connections between the components and parameters queries that used to be returned in a batch - not so well described. I tried both but couldn't move forward since I get an error (5) when calling one and something that I don't know how to parse (0x01)... These functionalities seem to no longer be available - and I respect their decision. I have another idea that might just work with the existing exposed functionality :D but I need to order some raspberries first :D

Back
Top Bottom