Third-Party MIDI Spec

I’m not a III player (AX8) so can someone explain what the third party midi spec is for?

Does it specify CCs for use with III?

I’m guessing it’s something more based on the exclamations above.

The III can be remapped to allow whatever CC you want for whatever function you want, essentially speaking.

That’s easy adjustments which work with any controller. This spec is sysex data for more direct communication and specific control of a dedicated control setup.

I must be having a rough day. I have re-read the midi specs again and again. The section starting the Tempo / Tuner, mentions having send Realtime Sysex turned on in the Global menu in order for these to function. I can’t find anything in Global (or other menus) relating to the realtime sysex messages. Is this something that will be added in the full version of 1.13, or am I just blind?

Lee

I must be having a rough day. I have re-read the midi specs again and again. The section starting the Tempo / Tuner, mentions having send Realtime Sysex turned on in the Global menu in order for these to function. I can’t find anything in Global (or other menus) relating to the realtime sysex messages. Is this something that will be added in the full version of 1.13, or am I just blind?

Lee

might be forth coming. I'm guessing it's still being finalized. Ron at RJM said he's working with Cliff to get it just good enough to where he can offer the same level of support as the II. So i'm guessing it'll be somewhat cemented soon, and revisited down the road or in future firmwares when needed.

Lee

The document post-dates 1.13 Beta, so I think it's quite clear what will appear in 1.13 Final, based on the contents of the document.

Sorry Cliff, but it's very incomplete
Nothing about how to set the grid, query parameters informations, set a modifier etc etc...

I wouldn't say its incomplete. It clearly states its a document for 3rd party devices to control the III ie midi controllers.
Its not for writing an editor which seems is what your asking for.

Mark

I wouldn't say its incomplete. It clearly states its a document for 3rd party devices to control the III ie midi controllers.
Its not for writing an editor which seems is what your asking for.

Mark
Exactly, i guess i'll have to continue sniffing. .. Time lost

@AlGrenadine I’m sure you already saw this, but on my second time reading through the midi doc ver 1.1, the last line in the synopsis section mentions contacting Fractal to obtain a list of effect IDs. Just thought I’d mention it in case it might help.

Cheers

Lee

Does Axe-Edit-III still communicate with the III via MIDI? If you one could get those still missing SysEx commands by intercepting the communication. A lot of work, but possible. Or did Cliff invent a completely different protocol? FasLink II seems to be something completely new, so whatever he uses there might be used for Axe-Edit-III.

Just guessing ;)

Nonetheless, a very nice move to officially provide such information!!!

Back
Top Bottom