Thinking of upgrading FM3

I own both...I now keep the Axe III in my studio, where I can use it’s full potential, and use FM3 as a brain of my live rig. I find the former to be an overkill live considering my needs (1 preset with 5 scenes), and the latter is perfect for that. It really comes down to your needs, to me: studio workhorse - Axe III, portable live setup - FM3.

That's my situation as well. The III is a permanent part of my studio rig and the FM3 is for playing out or practicing in the living room.

I've never run out of horsepower with the FM3 so any differences between the two are moot since I'm not installing Cygnus until the non-beta version is released and I assume that FM3 Cygnus will follow in short order.

If I could only own one I'd be torn. I really don't want to haul the III around but clearly the III is going to be the cutting edge Fractal modeler for the forseeable future.

Fortunately, as Lisa Loeb said, when asked as a child if she wanted cake or pie she'd answer "Cake and Pie".

maxresdefault.jpg

I have both. I would mainly use the Axe III for gigs and the FM3 for rehearsals and as a backup at gigs. In reality, the FM3 does everything I need and very well.

At this time though, there are no gigs or rehearsals so, I use and enjoy them both at home.

The FM3 reliability thread got locked.

There was useful discussion about a freezing issue some are having, including me.

Someone mentioned a bigger thread going on about it: anyone know where that one is?

Thanks.

Since I'm not playing out much anymore, I'm glad to have the III in the studio. But if I was I'd get both as well!

Back
Top Bottom