Thinking of making some metal axe-edit bass tutorials

Hey all, I haven't been in the mental headspace to record a video yet. But I would like to share a preset with you all.

This is my "Nolly Getgood" preset. I have essentially mimic'd the setup and tone he spoke about in this video.

It is still a work in progress, but includes all of the concepts I will speak about when I record a video
  • Splitting low and high signal
  • Compression and Drive in front of the split
  • Compressor as a hard limiter for low signal
  • Cab sim on distortion only

I will check back in soon <3

Attachments

• MackieFX_Bass.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 29
Short version, not Nolly lol.

Different types of sounds used in hardcore, skate punk, doom, post-metal etc.
A lot of it revolves around this same concept. The character of the tone can be changed with a different distortion pedal or amp. The basic idea of a clean low end with top distortion can be applied.

There are a LOT of different sounds you can also get by messing with the cross-over point. This patch is set at 300, but some old school metal bands use as high as 800hz.

If you have some bands, Id be happy to take a look and see what I can cook up

A lot of it revolves around this same concept. The character of the tone can be changed with a different distortion pedal or amp. The basic idea of a clean low end with top distortion can be applied.

There are a LOT of different sounds you can also get by messing with the cross-over point. This patch is set at 300, but some old school metal bands use as high as 800hz.

If you have some bands, Id be happy to take a look and see what I can cook up
Yeah the concept is good, my thought is having a quick example of other sounds achieved.

Cave In - joy opposites
Deftones - diamond eyes
A wilhelm scream - figure eights in my head
Pallbearer (not familiar with their catalogue unfortunately)

Appreciate the time!

Back
Top Bottom