• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Thinking of making some metal axe-edit bass tutorials

MackieFX

Inspired
Hey all, I haven't been in the mental headspace to record a video yet. But I would like to share a preset with you all.

This is my "Nolly Getgood" preset. I have essentially mimic'd the setup and tone he spoke about in this video.

It is still a work in progress, but includes all of the concepts I will speak about when I record a video
  • Splitting low and high signal
  • Compression and Drive in front of the split
  • Compressor as a hard limiter for low signal
  • Cab sim on distortion only

I will check back in soon <3

Attachments

• MackieFX_Bass.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 13

MackieFX

Inspired
Short version, not Nolly lol.

Different types of sounds used in hardcore, skate punk, doom, post-metal etc.
A lot of it revolves around this same concept. The character of the tone can be changed with a different distortion pedal or amp. The basic idea of a clean low end with top distortion can be applied.

There are a LOT of different sounds you can also get by messing with the cross-over point. This patch is set at 300, but some old school metal bands use as high as 800hz.

If you have some bands, Id be happy to take a look and see what I can cook up

Budda

Fractal Fanatic
A lot of it revolves around this same concept. The character of the tone can be changed with a different distortion pedal or amp. The basic idea of a clean low end with top distortion can be applied.

There are a LOT of different sounds you can also get by messing with the cross-over point. This patch is set at 300, but some old school metal bands use as high as 800hz.

If you have some bands, Id be happy to take a look and see what I can cook up
Yeah the concept is good, my thought is having a quick example of other sounds achieved.

Cave In - joy opposites
Deftones - diamond eyes
A wilhelm scream - figure eights in my head
Pallbearer (not familiar with their catalogue unfortunately)

Appreciate the time!

Top Bottom