Thinking of giving away my XL+ ... Any Ideas?

Yeah, I hear you guys ... the money from selling it might pay for instruments. I guess in my imagination I was seeing the "next Vai" or something and some part I could play in that. Thanks for all your input!

Donating an AxeFx to a charity is admirable but a bit over the top given it's power. I recommend selling it and donating the proceeds or funding a school to help buy instruments would make MUCH more sense. You're already doing good tho because this thread gave me some ideas for donating as well. I have about a hundred things from stomp boxes, small amps, few old strats...wait old strats?

Sell it- you could donate 15-20 guitars for the price of one axe fx

and if there's a young kid that wants one- like me 8 years ago- who totally can't afford- like me 8 years ago...
make him learn to work and hustle for it- he'll be better off- like me

Go to local music store. Find kid that obviously has passion and talent, but is of meager means. Make his day! Profit karma.

Why not have a small guitar competition? Or there is this place around me that does a lot of kid band camps and services to the local community. Find a place like that and hold a contest one night. That way you’re doing even more good than just giving the unit away.

It's harder from poor to $100 guitar than from poor to decent amp

Honestly- a poor kid could work a part time job and get for $250 a great used halfstack that if he has the talent and drive can do anything with it an axe fx can

BUT- getting the guitar in the first place- you never know who's talent we're missing.

(I've bought for $200 cash a Carvin X100B head and cab loaded with V30s-- the deals are out there and if a kid has talent a $300 crate blue voodoo half stack will get them as far as an axe fx will- it may actually make them better and work harder)

Here’s an idea, spend a little bit of time going to some local shows. Keep an eye out for a promising young player with bad tone.

I agree with selling it and donating instruments with the proceeds or finding a financially challenged church to donate it to. Preferably sell it just because Fractal gear requires other gear (decent speakers) to get the full experience.

I spearheaded a fundraiser to buy a nice keyboard for one of our singers who had a desire to learn but just went through a miscarriage among other financial challenges starting her business. I purchased the keyboard and let others donate what they could, then presented it as a group gift. She was so blown away she ended up coordinating other church efforts to donate appliances, food, etc. to others in need. The bonus was her son was exposed to music and he’s now the primary player, and is really thriving in lessons and recitals and is now interested in guitar!

I learned two important lessons with this. 1) There’s not very man things better than being able to positively impact someone’s life with music. 2) You’ll be surprised when the primary beneficiary isn’t even the person you gifted the equipment to.

Keep the cash in hand and be on the lookout- it’ll be very evident when the person who needs your generosity comes along. Looking forward to see how this one ends up!

Back
Top Bottom