Thinking of buying some presets....Suggestions please??

Imported maybe 80% of them, that's left me with more than enough space to be honest.

Still completely happy - you still tweak them, but its coming from a good place

I’ve just had a run thru the Austin Buddy amp pack. Blown away! Best $70 I’ve spent. This has saved me time and nearly convinced me that my amp is obsolete, well it’s definitely staying put, but, think I’m ready to start playing direct. Stoked with this purchase!

I’ve just had a run thru the Austin Buddy amp pack. Blown away! Best $70 I’ve spent. This has saved me time and nearly convinced me that my amp is obsolete, well it’s definitely staying put, but, think I’m ready to start playing direct. Stoked with this purchase!
I just bought that pack myself. How are you using it? I am curious as I am new to this and wasn't able to get good tone out of it right away, but I have not invested the time yet, but will over the holidays.

A second vote to try Leon's free preset packs. I just started checking these out and they are great. I plan to try a couple out at bp soon. Typically things never go like I think they will at bp but I have high hopes for these ones. It's free, couldn't hurt to try them

I've thought about buying the Austinbuddy pack for some time, but the lack of any demo pretests keeps me from buying. Most presets I try from others don't sound very good to me, so spending $60 site unseen is a big turn off.

I just bought that pack myself. How are you using it? I am curious as I am new to this and wasn't able to get good tone out of it right away, but I have not invested the time yet, but will over the holidays.
Hey dude.
Auditioned most of the presets direct with a Yamaha DBR12, chose the ones that I thought would suit me. Saved them to the AX8 and tweaked a little and added my favourite FX.
Really really happy.

A second vote to try Leon's free preset packs. I just started checking these out and they are great. I plan to try a couple out at bp soon. Typically things never go like I think they will at bp but I have high hopes for these ones. It's free, couldn't hurt to try them
Agree. His presets are a lot of fun, but also a great way to learn the AX8. I snoop around my favorite presets of his to see how he is combining amps, cabs, effects, etc., and how he approaches tweaking knobs. If you use his presets along with watching his youtube tutorials, you will have everything you need to get you progressing. Leon is awesome

Back
Top Bottom