Thinking about purchasing the AXE FX3 & have a question about the editor

tmingle

I am thinking of purchasing the AXE3 or FM3 and am wondering if the editors can be installed to play around with before purchase the unit?
Can the editor be installed be functional without a unit? In other words, will the editor allow me to adjust & create patches in order to learn a little about the workflow of the unit. I am in the process of reading the manuals for each.
Thanks in advance

I am thinking of purchasing the AXE3 or FM3 and am wondering if the editors can be installed to play around with before purchase the unit?
Can the editor be installed be functional without a unit? In other words, will the editor allow me to adjust & create patches in order to learn a little about the workflow of the unit. I am in the process of reading the manuals for each.
Thanks in advance
As @Rex said, the editor requires the modeler.

The Edit application in Fractal's world acts as a terminal and keyboard to the modeler, similar to how their FC controllers work, or a mainframe computer would with a CRT and keyboard. But the fact it's tied to the modeler doesn't mean you can't get familiar with the system; Read the manuals and get familiar with the Wiki, as there's a LOT to learn there too.

I chased modelers for a long time, like so many others, and I ended up on Fractal's systems, like so many others. They've been around a long time but purposely stayed tightly controlled and I have to say I think they made the right decisions.

Since you're looking at both the FX3 and the FM3, I'd suggest considering the FM9. While it's still on a waitlist, that list is shrinking rapidly, and, being the "momma bear" of the trio it's a great middle-ground unit.

Feel free to ask more questions. We got answers… lots of 'em. :)

Thanks in advance
Probably depends on your application. If you are playing out maybe the FM9. I got the FM3, loved it, then added FC-6 and two EV pedals...then the wife said, and I quote "Why wouldn't you get the macdaddy and be done with it?" Not one to argue with the wife when she is pro-gear purchase I sold the FM3! AxeFxIII MarkII Turbo, two FC-6's Two EV-1's and one EV-2 later I'm happier than the day in 1975 my father brought home an old Vox Hurricane and a Kay 705 amp for me to start out with!
Workflow...I learn something new every time I turn it on but that's half the joy for me. ANY and EVERY question you'll have WILL be answered on this forum and 98% of the time without any snarky eyerolls. Cooper Carter has a tutorial series for each machine that's way worth the money!

Thanks in advance
You could always watch videos about this. I'll tell you as an Axe-Fx III/Axe Edit III user that the editor is a dream to use and the basics of it are pretty intuitive so long as you understand how inputs (how the signal chain starts) and outputs (how the signal chain ends) work.

Back
Top Bottom