Thinking about getting an acoustic.

Anyone know anything about Yakami D28 clones?
I've seen a few over the years. I think they sold more in Canada than in the States but that’s certainly not anything I can prove. Japanese companies were putting out some now obvious sleepers back then. I still have my ‘77 Ibanez LP - sounds great, plays great. What’s the asking price for the D28 clone?

Been thinking of getting an acoustic recently. Ive been playing an electric with piezo for a while for the few acoustic songs we play. Always feels like there is something missing. So I borrowed a couple mid range Taylor and Martin guitars from my brother to try through the AXEFX. Honestly they sound similar enough I'm no longer wanting an acoustic. But I can say what is missing in both, the sound of the pick hitting/dragging the strings. Playing to good recordings with acoustic guitars in them I'm missing that pick attach. I have an idea I'm working on, if it pans out it could be the answer to adding that missing pick in the room feeling lol.

You’re within shooting range of the best guitars from the new best-bang-for-the-buck Asian makers like Blueridge and Eastman. I’d at least try to play one or two of those first. But, if you have an affinity for Yakami, you only live once...

Back
Top Bottom