Thinking About Buying An Axe-Fx III

My question is: Do I buy a II, right now or save up a little longer and hope for a Black Friday sale on the III?
I was curious myself about this so I just went back through the forum a little bit and searched.
Fractal has held a "Black Friday" or in one case, "Black November" sale at least in 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015. In their announcements, they routinely call it an "Annual" sale.
In each of those sales, the flagship unit at the time has been on sale.
There is never a guarantee, but when anyone regularly calls something an "Annual" sale, they generally do it every year.
BTW, the announcement came near the end of November in 2015, Nov. 18 in 2016, Nov. 24 in 2017, and Nov 21 in 2018, according to the forum.
That said, only they truly know, and they probably wouldn't comment on it here, for fear folks like us will wait.

I'd save up and get the Axe FXIII, but the Axe FXIIXL+ still sounds great. It sounds good enough that I did not get rid of mine when I got an Axe FXIII.

It’s 2k now
For the GOAT piece of gear/amp/rig I wouldn’t wait on that sale price if it’s possible for you to either sell something or borrow a little
I respectfully disagree. Why not wait, if he doesn't have the money now?
It certainly isn't going to go UP in price, after they just announced they were able to drop the price because of a successful negotiation with their manufacturer. And even if it doesn't go on sale, it's only 4-5 weeks from now to find out. He said he is a bedroom player, so it isn't needed for an upcoming gig.
I love buying new gear as much as anyone, but if you're still saving up, makes all the sense in the world to wait.

I respectfully disagree. Why not wait, if he doesn't have the money now?
It certainly isn't going to go UP in price, after they just announced they were able to drop the price because of a successful negotiation with their manufacturer. And even if it doesn't go on sale, it's only 4-5 weeks from now to find out. He said he is a bedroom player, so it isn't needed for an upcoming gig.
I love buying new gear as much as anyone, but if you're still saving up, makes all the sense in the world to wait.
I dont know what is financial situation or budget is, I dont know if the axe 3 would get lower than 2k, so I’m just giving an opinion, and its fine to dis agree man...i mean really, i dont know how long the price drop would be and if there would be another, so thats all... and i hope he does whatever is financial viable and most importantly i hope he gets what he wants..

If you're a bedroom player then it makes perfect sense to buy the III whenever you can afford it IMO.

Or put it another way .... if you're a bedroom player it makes little sense to buy an amp and cab these days with the modelling tech available .... even with a 20W tube amp the sweet spot is still likely to rattle your windows. You'd be better to be a '2 bedroom' player ... one bedroom to play guitar in and the other bedroom sound-proofed as the amp room.

AxeFx III and a pair of half decent studio monitors and away you go (with the option to use headphones too for totally silent use).

Yah, FM3 seems like great $1k option.

All in on not spending what you don’t have!(debt free for nearly 20 yrs now)

B-stock is cool; hard to predict.

But ... iffin and whatnot, saying you could afford to wait and save for the big dawg ... well, Merry Christmas baby;)

Back
Top Bottom