Thinking About Buying An Axe-Fx III

B:ASSMASTER

Experienced
So, I was a long time user of Axe-Fx for several years. All the way back to the Standard.

Earlier this year, I decided to sell my Axe-Fx II and go back to traditional amps. Which in hindsight, I wish I would have kept everything before making the switch. I got a Marshall DSL20HR and a custom oversized Zilla 1x12 cab with V30.

Long story short, I miss how easy it was to record with the Axe-Fx. So, I've decided to come back. I like the real cab in the room sound, so I'd be using the DSL just as a power amp for the Axe-Fx and just for jamming. I'm a bedroom player and the Axe is easier to record. So, the main reason for me getting the Axe-Fx would be for recording.

My question is: Do I buy a II, right now or save up a little longer and hope for a Black Friday sale on the III?

Thanks and I can't wait to be back and part of the Fractal community again!

So, I was a long time user of Axe-Fx for several years. All the way back to the Standard.

Earlier this year, I decided to sell my Axe-Fx II and go back to traditional amps. Which in hindsight, I wish I would have kept everything before making the switch. I got a Marshall DSL20HR and a custom oversized Zilla 1x12 cab with V30.

Long story short, I miss how easy it was to record with the Axe-Fx. So, I've decided to come back. I like the real cab in the room sound, so I'd be using the DSL just as a power amp for the Axe-Fx and just for jamming. I'm a bedroom player and the Axe is easier to record. So, the main reason for me getting the Axe-Fx would be for recording.

My question is: Do I buy a II, right now or save up a little longer and hope for a Black Friday sale on the III?

Thanks and I can't wait to be back and part of the Fractal community again!

I used a II XL+ for several years before upgrading to the III, and after using the III for just under a year, I honestly can't imagine going back to the II now, unless I absolutely had to. My use case is strictly recording and home use. If it were me, I'd save up for the III.

Aren't they (Axe3) listed for sale at $1999? WIth full warrantee and the 14 days? What's the hold up - punch that ticket already. ;)

(BTW - just spent 3 hrs on just the "0" preset (well, a bit modded) - '59 Bassman. I love this magic box!

Last edited:
Hi,

Save for the iii - The reason I say that is the 3 is already way better thank the 2 on a number of fronts and the fractal team continue to improve it. I cannot believe the constant and consistent improvements in the firmware for this unit.
You'll think of the extra money only once - when you spend it - the rest of the time, you must live with your purchase.
Think back to when you had the Axe FX 2 - If someone asked you 'should I buy a second hand Ultra, or an Axe FX 2?' - What would your response have been?
Look forward to you announcing your new units arrival :)
Thanks
Pauly

Think back to when you had the Axe FX 2 - If someone asked you 'should I buy a second hand Ultra, or an Axe FX 2?
Lol. You got me there. I guess I'll have to fight the GAS and save for the III.

I've been out of the loop for awhile now. Has there been any hint at a Black Friday deal on the III?

Asking because by my estimation, I should have enough saved up for the III a couple weeks before Black Friday, but would hold out a little longer for a deal. ;)

Lol. You got me there. I guess I'll have to fight the GAS and save for the III.

I've been out of the loop for awhile now. Has there been any hint at a Black Friday deal on the III?

Asking because by my estimation, I should have enough saved up for the III a couple weeks before Black Friday, but would hold out a little longer for a deal. ;)
No hint, that I've seen. But isn't it pretty much a regular yearly thing? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

My guess is the discount, if at all, wont be much more than $150.

You'll have to wait about 6 weeks to find out, what's another week after that?

The Axe III is the best piece of audio gear I have ever bought. It is simply amazing and somehow Cliff finds ways to make it even better all the time. I have owned a Fractal product since the company started but always the cut down version of their offerings. I finally own the flagship product and couldn’t be happier. It is worth the cost and wait.

The III was instantly better than the II for me. I waited a loooong time (like 2 months before the XL was announced, lol) to order the II from the Ultra because it took about that long for me to hear a difference that wasn't subtle.

This latest update increased my daily pleasure by at least an hour...it's been under a year with the A3 and I play at least 30 minutes longer per day after every update...but this latest one is over the top!
Started at about 2-3 hours per day and am up to 6-8 now...!
Don't miss out A3 about...

Back
Top Bottom