Thinking about adding the looper to my rig

Mr.RangoTango

Experienced
Hey guys!
Do you have any links or comments on this matter? I'm doing all of the ambient riffs and I want to replicate our studio recordings. How should I build the presets together with the mfc? Just looking for recommendations. :)

I love the Boomerang, it has the one feature that is key for live performance, for me, it can do a fade. The looper in the Axe and most other devices that can loop do not have a fade function. When building ambient pads live the ability to have it slowly fade out keeps things from sounding herky jerky.

Another key feature is the buttons are big, easy to push and low to the ground. I tried to use the MFC to control the axe looper and found that dangling my foot in the air to hit the buttons was a pain and led to lumpy loops. I suppose I could train myself to use it, but the Boomerang has it figured out with the wedge shape and low profile. I can tap the buttons with my heel on the floor.

I love the Boomerang, it has the one feature that is key for live performance, for me, it can do a fade. The looper in the Axe and most other devices that can loop do not have a fade function. When building ambient pads live the ability to have it slowly fade out keeps things from sounding herky jerky.

You can do swells and fades with the Axe-fx Looper by placing it at the end of the chain in parallel, mix 100% and control the level with a Modifier of your choice on the level of the Looper block. In this case an external controller would be perfect.
FYI & FWIW

You can do swells and fades with the Axe-fx Looper by placing it at the end of the chain in parallel, mix 100% and control the level with a Modifier of your choice on the level of the Looper block. In this case an external controller would be perfect.
FYI & FWIW

Yeah, what I could not figure out how to do was to get it to fade in/out over a period of time. Tap a button and do a 5 second fade in/out

Back
Top Bottom