Think you have a great tone and then ...

It's hard to separate the tone from the amazing performance.

Hearing just the isolated guitar sounds with simple notes and chords would be a better indication of the tonal quality.

And yeah, it was produced and mixed really well.

I just relistened to past 1:49 chugs .. Now I,m talking of analog gear ... I'm just having a very similar part in a new song with my band ...
for a tight sound like that my signal chain is JP7 ( unless you can't believe it ) neck pickup , TS808 KEeley mod and Triple Recto 3rd Channel RED ... Gain at noon , precence at 2\3 o'clock , master at 1 o'clock , treble noon+ , mids at 2\3 oclock and finally bass at ZERO !! if I chug a 7 string with that sound and bass NOT at Zero AND without engaging the TS8080 ( Volume +2 \ Gain Zero you got the idea ) my sound completely crash against my bass player 5 strings bass with ampeg and 6x10 ...
As I said earlier in the thread and as stated by almost all our mates here , this are extremely great players and Merrow great producer too ... If he's doing a lot of custom stuff for Seymopur Duncan surely he is good

If you want toi recreate thesound of what your earing is a thing ... If you want to achieve the real sound they have is another !
I have 2 suggestion ...
First : (different approach) once you get a pretty good sound (of course not so perfect ) without tightening with the Drive , try to use a SSD drive in front ... IMO affect the higain sound in a particular way ... not easy to explain but helps the mid\high register to sing strongly but in a musical way

Second : This was talked everywhere in the forum and is quite effective ... This helps me with Tight High gain preset for my DC800 that has Active Pickups ... Put a GEQ 10 bands in front of the drive and try to "carve" your sound ... It makes wonders
Start doing little changes and swap on\off (better with a looper ) I suggest removing something between 250 \500 maybe adding something (really smooth between 2000\4000) and cut a little
You'll realize that the cuts in the lower and higher freq seems to do nothing ( because of the drive tightening and removing yet...)
I promise that if you're patient you'll reach wath you are searching for

Less gain usually is better ... This wonderfull sounds sings out from this awesome hands too ... more gain is only an excuse for lack of technique ... unless you need an HM2 for Scandinavia Old School Death Metal and I have just wasted my last 10 minutes :D

I just relistened to past 1:49 chugs .. Now I,m talking of analog gear ... I'm just having a very similar part in a new song with my band ...
for a tight sound like that my signal chain is JP7 ( unless you can't believe it ) neck pickup , TS808 KEeley mod and Triple Recto 3rd Channel RED ... Gain at noon , precence at 2\3 o'clock , master at 1 o'clock , treble noon+ , mids at 2\3 oclock and finally bass at ZERO !! if I chug a 7 string with that sound and bass NOT at Zero AND without engaging the TS8080 ( Volume +2 \ Gain Zero you got the idea ) my sound completely crash against my bass player 5 strings bass with ampeg and 6x10 ...
As I said earlier in the thread and as stated by almost all our mates here , this are extremely great players and Merrow great producer too ... If he's doing a lot of custom stuff for Seymopur Duncan surely he is good

If you want toi recreate thesound of what your earing is a thing ... If you want to achieve the real sound they have is another !
I have 2 suggestion ...
First : (different approach) once you get a pretty good sound (of course not so perfect ) without tightening with the Drive , try to use a SSD drive in front ... IMO affect the higain sound in a particular way ... not easy to explain but helps the mid\high register to sing strongly but in a musical way

Second : This was talked everywhere in the forum and is quite effective ... This helps me with Tight High gain preset for my DC800 that has Active Pickups ... Put a GEQ 10 bands in front of the drive and try to "carve" your sound ... It makes wonders
Start doing little changes and swap on\off (better with a looper ) I suggest removing something between 250 \500 maybe adding something (really smooth between 2000\4000) and cut a little
You'll realize that the cuts in the lower and higher freq seems to do nothing ( because of the drive tightening and removing yet...)
I promise that if you're patient you'll reach wath you are searching for

Less gain usually is better ... This wonderfull sounds sings out from this awesome hands too ... more gain is only an excuse for lack of technique ... unless you need an HM2 for Scandinavia Old School Death Metal and I have just wasted my last 10 minutes :D

Thanks for the advice!

Prior to this thread I did exactly those cuts, funnily enough ... -2 at 250hz and -3 at 4k - sounds like a beast now! I'll have to try that 2nd drive pedal you mentioned, if I'm honest I didn't even know it existed and I'm not aware of the pedal it models either, so I probably would have never tried it.

Back
Top Bottom