Think I'm In Love

dgzieg

Inspired
Can anybody suggest an amp/cab combo for the rhythm guitar tones for Eddie Money's "Think I'm In Love"? I know it's in there, but there are so many choices, and I'm short on time for copping the tone. I'm also doing this with a Strat with Dimarzio DP187 (which are a little hotter than standard Strat PUs) in all three slots, I generally play the bridge pickup for crash guitar. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm figuring it's one of the Marshalls and one of the Marshall cabs but if somebody knows something that would work better, or with less tweaking, please chime in. Also, if you've got any rough settings. Thanks.

Brit 800 into 4x12 TV Mix #1 (UR) sounds fairly close with my Strat. Gain 9, Bass 6, Mids 8, Treble 6, BRT off, and roll Bright back a bit if your Strat is bright. Looks like he's playing a gold top Les Paul with humbuckers into a plexi style Marshall in the video, but that could just be for show. Who knows whats actually on the track.

Brit 800 into 4x12 TV Mix #1 (UR) sounds fairly close with my Strat. Gain 9, Bass 6, Mids 8, Treble 6, BRT off, and roll Bright back a bit if your Strat is bright. Looks like he's playing a gold top Les Paul with humbuckers into a plexi style Marshall in the video, but that could just be for show. Who knows whats actually on the track.

Thanks, this got me into the right ballpark!

Back
Top Bottom