Think about grade up to MARK I, MARK II, MARK III.........

bluesk165

Inspired
I have owned FX8 around 6 months from this year and it is awesome same as the FX-II XL.

Then I have use my FX8 only 6 months after FX8 Mark II released so I have to think about the grade up method.

Of course FAS is not a philanthropic organization but following a profit.
But I think its too short 6 months only and this is not only for me also so many people who payed less than 1 year.

So, I recommended products grade up method to FAS for new products such as Mark II, Mark III and so on.

My suggestion is as following,

The hardware of FX8 such as I/O for 4CM are almost fixed now.

Then, FAS'd better grade up only firmware like notation program "Finale".

They grade up their program every year only firmware.

Of course all user have to pay for new firmware also it contains some of free.

If change the hardware such as add more I/O jack hole, add USB jack and so on, it's up to user buy or not new one like Mark II, Mark III....

If changed the hardware and firmware same time and if a user want to only grade up firmware, the part of firmware for new hardware will be invalidity.

I love my FX8 also I don't want to my FX8 go past so fast.

** Sorry for my broken English.

Thanks a lot.

It's a bit like buying a computer, you need to buy what you need today from what is available.

The chances are that a newer model comes out at some point when you buy something is unavoidable. You could keep waiting for the new model and never buy anything.

Or you could buy it and use it for 5 years or whatever the time period you choose. Firmware upgrades are kept available so it's not as though the hardware bought becomes obsolete. Theres no obligation to keep having the latest stuff for the sake of it.

It's a bit like buying a computer, you need to buy what you need today from what is available.

The chances are that a newer model comes out at some point when you buy something is unavoidable. You could keep waiting for the new model and never buy anything.

Or you could buy it and use it for 5 years or whatever the time period you choose. Firmware upgrades are kept available so it's not as though the hardware bought becomes obsolete. Theres no obligation to keep having the latest stuff for the sake of it.

Agree 100%. Also, we have just about reached the pinnacle of audio quality for guitar effects. There's really isn't much of anything that can't be reproduced digitally with today's hardware. Ultra-fast processing has made digital models virtually indistinguishable from their analog counterparts. Current modelers potentially have a very long useful life, at least until something breaks. In the near future I think that what we'll mostly see is more "bang for your buck", such as no CPU limits, storage of more presets, touch screen displays as standard, etc.

I used my Line 6 M13 as a staple on my board for 7 years. The only reason I replaced it was because the FX8 could completely replace everything on my board with a completely integrated and elegant interface.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom