Things you sold, then bought again.....

Intheband

Inspired
Just wondering. Anybody else sell something, then regret it and buy it again? I have a few pedals that I sold and then decided I needed to give another try. How about you, what item deserves a second chance? Any category is relevant.

Back around 2011ish was on a guitar flipping binge, and stupidly sold both a Lifeson Axcess Les Paul, and an EJ Strat to try some other guitars. Missed both of those immediately, but didn’t get a chance to replace them until the last couple of years. They’re not going anywhere anytime soon!

My Nova drive, that's probably my favorite drive, but I'm not a drive kinda guy either...

Couple guitars that were unique but I didn't appreciate at the time

A vox amp or two with some serious mojo

A vai legacy cab I think....

And almost sold a sweet gretsch that's one of my favs now! Was in TERRIBLE condition from the previous ownern and I wondered if I could bring it back....glad I did!

I’m on my 3rd green Russian big muff reissue, come across one cheap enough, like $40, and keep picking it up again

Back in 1993, I traded a beautiful 1991 Ibanez 540SOL in towards a G&L Legacy. The hair-metal era was transitioning into the grunge era and I became very undecided on what style of guitar I wanted to play. As much as I loved the G&L, I always missed that Ibanez.

Once eBay was launched, I “saved” a search to find another one. A few years later, I finally received a notification that one had been listed. I immediately hit the “Buy it Now” button and have had it ever since. It’s a very rare model and I’ll never get rid of it again.
img_3907.jpgimg_3905.jpg
img_3897.jpgimg_3900.jpgimg_3896.jpg
img_3903.jpg

Les Paul's. I keep trying to pull away, and end up with one sold, then one in the stable a few months later. I must have bought and sold 4 of them over the years...and I have not learned.

PRS CE-24 - Bought the same model twice- Blazing Copper DuPont series. Still have it.
Schecter C1 Classic - Actually bought the exact guitar back from a friend. Still have it, my daughter's favorite guitar.
POD XT Live - 4 of them at different points. No longer have one.
Vox Tonelab LE - 2 of them at different points. No longer have one.

Strymon Flint, Suhr Riot and Fulltone OCD have been bought and sold a few times. Any time I have a pedalboard build, these 3 make the cut.

Mesa Triaxis. Sold it when I bought the Ultra. But then regretted it because I came to realize that the Ultra didn't sound nearly as good. Bought another Triaxis. Then bought the Axe II and considered selling the second Triaxis because the II was much closer. Then bought the Axe III and sold the second Triaxis. The III sounds and feels every bit as good to my ears. The attack especially finally seems right. The only thing I miss is the Lead 1 Red mode from my original Triaxis with the rectifier type circuit and Fat Mod. My second Triaxis's Lead 1 Red was based on the Lone Star and was of no use at all. I also sold the second Triaxis because Mesa no longer makes or supports them.

A WH-1 Whammy. I had two, on separate boards, then I needed the cash for a second Axe II and sold one. Now I wish I hadn't. Soundwise the DT and 5 are perfectly fine, even the WH-4 is kinda fine for most things. It's just the way the presets are laid out on the WH-1 that are different from the later versions and the way you can smoothly transition between presets on the WH-1, even creating interesting melodies while doing so.

Whammy is one of the few effects I keep around even while using the Axe FX. The whammy block inside the Axe is kinda OK for most things but overall any real whammy pedal, even the WH-4, beats the Axe whammy block's ass like a red headed step child. Maybe some less amp updates and some more whammy block updates are in order, Fractal? Plus I've yet to find a way to transition between whammy sounds like you can by twisting that knob while fretting a single note.

Several... a 1972 SG Standard that was my first pro level guitar. Just bought another one last year, 30 something years later! More recently, my first PRS 513, a black/grey one that is in my Avatar. I must have regretted selling it, I bought three more over the years, and two of them remain my main gigging guitars.

Bought this guitar twice. Once in the year 2000 and then again in July of this year after I foolishly traded it away in 2012.

I just happened to run across it on Reverb one day and it reminded me of the one that had gotten away. As I looked at the pics I saw that the serial number looked familiar. I looked in my records and lo and behold it was my old guitar. I noticed is only about 50 miles away so I put in an offer which the seller accepted. I was able to pick it up a couple of days later.

1575001094206.jpeg1575001129367.jpeg

I had a goldtop custom 24 just like that, dots, trem, HFS/Vintage Bass, old wing locking tuners, it was like 15 gawdamn lbs and basically as loud unplugged as an acoustic. I bought it from some dude on craigslist in Carmine TX in 2010, traded it later for a Hollowbody spruce in Houston

Back
Top Bottom