Things you can't do on Axe-Edit III?

Everything behind the SETUP menu except for the FC settings. That's all that comes to mind.

some Setup items are there, like most (if not all) of the Global menu, including Global EQs.

i look at it like Axe-Edit is meant to Edit presets and FC settings. anything else is extra, and i just go to the front panel for that anyway.

some Setup items are there, like most (if not all) of the Global menu, including Global EQs.

i look at it like Axe-Edit is meant to Edit presets and FC settings. anything else is extra, and i just go to the front panel for that anyway.

Actually, the Global Setup menu items cover a lot of ground in Axe-Edit.

1598742847852.png

1598742907014.png

Yes indeed it can do that now and it's one of the many wonderful features of Axe-Edit III. I'm just curious as to why they've left the ability to edit certain parameters out. Perhaps there are technical difficulties in accessing some things deep in the bowels of the Axe-FX III?

I'm just curious as to why they've left the ability to edit certain parameters out. Perhaps there are technical difficulties in accessing some things deep in the bowels of the Axe-FX III?
Sometimes, when there are ten million features you could build into a product, you take the most critical nine million features and call it a release.

I'm just curious as to why they've left the ability to edit certain parameters out. Perhaps there are technical difficulties in accessing some things deep in the bowels of the Axe-FX III?
This was discussed in the wish list forum; FractalAudio explained that there are parameters that if adjustable could create some real issues. I guess there are some things that are better left alone. I like to look at it as they like me enough to protect me from myself. :cool:

You can't save a Preset + CAB Bundle, as in previous versions of Axe-Edit. They have it on the to-do list. It seems like it is more complex, as there are more user CABs per preset.

You can't save a Preset + CAB Bundle, as in previous versions of Axe-Edit. They have it on the to-do list. It seems like it is more complex, as there are more user CABs per preset.
I think you missed the point of the OP.

You can't do that, period. The question was about editor vs front panel ;)

Not entirely accurate. There is an FC Config page in the FC Controllers tab.

Maybe I missed something, but on this page you cannot set the brightness and contrast of the main- and mini-displays of the FC and you can't configure attached pedals and switches. This is only possible on the front panel. Look at: Setup -> FC controllers -> Remote

...external switch settings are found in the Layout Views:

Interesting, I've never noticed this. Is this also possible with an FC12?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom