Things about the III you may have missed

On the cab block there is a parameter for mic distance. It looked like they were using standard ir's. Would be interested in hearing a bit more on that.

On the cab block there is a parameter for mic distance. It looked like they were using standard ir's. Would be interested in hearing a bit more on that.
This is the only thing I've seen. How are you determining these are standard IRs (I assume you mean standard resolution)?

Attachments

• 8726765C-225B-4C8F-AE73-F05A74FB8AFE.jpeg
    8726765C-225B-4C8F-AE73-F05A74FB8AFE.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 40
I think that might be doing more or less what the delay feature in the current cab block does, but translating it into distance units. Not sure if it actually changes the tone in the same way as moving the mic

I think that might be doing more or less what the delay feature in the current cab block does, but translating it into distance units. Not sure if it actually changes the tone in the same way as moving the mic
Actually, that's a good point. Since mic distance is literally "proximity", I assumed that was it but there is also a Proximity control.

It's probably for "room" settings.

If you mic a cabinet with two mics at different distances and mix them together, you'll get phase cancellations and reinforcements that change the way it sounds.

If you mic a cabinet with two mics at different distances and mix them together, you'll get phase cancellations and reinforcements that change the way it sounds.
Is that how it works with the Axe-Fx III right now? So the mic distance parameter changes phase relationships between IRs? Does it have any tonal effect on an individual IR?

The Wiki link Rex put up explains it well, but I only posted assuming they were changing the delay times to distance. I'm not 100% sure that it means the same thing, and probably won't know until my name comes up.

If I promise to post my findings as soon as I know can I get bumped up higher on the wait list?? LOL

Back
Top Bottom