Things about the III you may have missed

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
There are several cool things that I glossed over the first few hundred times I read through the specs.

The new amp block has a para eq built into the pre section

There are IR's in the box from John Petrucci and York

The new Axe edit has a quick build mode that has drag and drop templates

There is a "Scene Manager". Not sure what it entails but it sounds like they have taken the ability to name scenes and kicked it up a notch.

Any other details you've noticed that haven't been mentioned yet?

Tone match is in Ultrares now also. Not sure how noticeable this will be. Might be on say trying to tone match an acoustic guitar. There are some spiky highs that could maybe benefit from more res.

PEQ in the amp block is amazing !
Anyone know if the ABCDE knobs at the bottom of the screen will allow for adjusting basic amp parameters on the fly - bass, trb, mid, etc?

That is the plan but we haven't implemented it yet. The hooks are all there in the firmware. The idea is a "Performance" page where you select up to 10 global parameters that you can adjust at any time.

Very cool.

That is the plan but we haven't implemented it yet. The hooks are all there in the firmware. The idea is a "Performance" page where you select up to 10 global parameters that you can adjust at any time.
Awesome. You guys are seriously killin' it!!

There are several cool things that I glossed over the first few hundred times I read through the specs.

The new amp block has a para eq built into the pre section

There are IR's in the box from John Petrucci and York

The new Axe edit has a quick build mode that has drag and drop templates

There is a "Scene Manager". Not sure what it entails but it sounds like they have taken the ability to name scenes and kicked it up a notch.

Any other details you've noticed that haven't been mentioned yet?

CabLab built in!

I noticed channels - between scenes and channels the ability to drastically alter your sound at the touch of a switch with no lag and no dropouts. That seems huge!

I'd really like something global blocks that you just setup once and they're always there. They could be the first thing that hits an input, the last thing that hits the output.

Two things that come to mind that would be immediately useful - input boost to compensate for switching guitars with varying outputs. And pitch transpose block - basically a virtual capo. And let me configure A-E to be quick adjusters for parameters - so A could adjust the boost level and B could be to adjust the virtual capo position.

View attachment 44551 Any one else notice this? The screen capture for the rotary block has a "basic" page, and an expert page. This is a feature that's been on the wish list for a long time. I wonder if the drive blocks are setup this way also? That would be super cool!
Speaking of rotary, I posted a wish a couple years ago about "more advanced" parameters, for example a switch to turn off the internal crossover which sends the signal to horn and drum and separate low/high cuts to change their frequency reaponse.
This would be useful to simulate other types of rotary speaker and not just leslies (maestro rover, vibratone, doppolas, Yamaha RA and so on)

Hope they also went in that direction

Back
Top Bottom