Thin, weird sound after battery replacement

Vampyro

Right before new year my Ultra had to have its battery changed. I lost all my presets but some og the ones I had was found on Axe exchange so I downloaded them again. But they sound nothing like they did before. The Randal Satan preset was massive and chuggy before. Now its thin, metallic and seems like its comming from a speaker inside a tin can.
Anyone got a clue as to what can cause this? Are there any settings anywhere that would need to be changed after a reset?

Does the Ultra have settings for Power Amp Modeling and Cab Modeling like the Axe Fx II and later?

If so, make sure they are on.

Assuming you had a backup you could probably just restore the settings from that.

Hi!
Thank you for the replies. I did not have a backup. So when I replaced the batteries all presets were deleted. I had "backup" of some of the presets so I loaded them back in to the axe. And they sound nothing lile they did before.

The presets have easy setups with amp block and cab block.
If I make new presets also everything just sounds weird.

Error found! 😅

I dont know how, but all cabs were set to user cab 1. Were no IR was installed. When I changed to correct cab everything worked as expected. I thought I had checked that several times, but apparently not. Was easier to see when using axe edit.

Back
Top Bottom