Thin sounding tone

Question...Do all the patches sound thin in your setup? I still maintain that an FRFR setup is tailor made for the Fractal stuff. This way you have multiple options with cab choices which is probable your issue. I have played through an amp with the cab sims on and if you find the right amp/cab setup it can work great. Since you're using the Matrix you should be able to do this and with a thicker sounding cab achieve the sound that will work for you. Try turning on the Cab sim and experiment with them.

At first I used a real cab and turned the cab sims off with my Axe FX II. Coming from using a half stack with a tube head I think it helped ease the transition to the Fractal. But for the last couple years I've gone direct and found that especially my live tone has improved drastically. Now I would not say it has improved in regards to amp in a room but more like sitting well in a mix well kind of tone. If you haven't tried direct it might be worth checking out. You might really like it. Just a thought!

Maybe the sound guy was just messing with your head....

Tell a guitarist he sounds “thin” and he’s going to obsess over it for weeks lol

Reactions: b@d
Back
Top Bottom