Thin Lizzy - "The Boys Are Back In Town" presets!

Here are 2 presets I use when I perform "The Boys Are Back In Town" live. Beware, it requires A LOT of tap dancing! I explain all of it in this short YouTube video:

Running 2 separate presets for this, with each scene dialed in a specific way, so be sure to use "sticky mode".

Preset 1 is just Plexi 2204/4x12 Fractal GB Pitch block X: custom shift in key Ab maj, with the flat 7 (Gb) harmonized to a tritone. Pitch block Y: Ab maj pentatonic, voice set 3rd up

AND... after you've played the bridge section, you have to click over to the next preset for the ending. Make sure these are set side by side in your AX8 bank!

Preset 2 is exact same thing, with boost engaged, and with pitch blocks layered Pitch block X: Ab maj pentatonic scale, set with voice 1 a 3rd above and voice 2 6th above Pitch block Y: Ab maj diatonic set with voice 1 a 3rd above and voice 2 a 5th above.

Let me know what you think, if you have any suggestions, etc. Hope y'all dig it!

Attachments

• Plexi 2204 Thin Lizzy.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 101
  • TBABIT Ending.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 90
Another idea ,that I did for some harmony's is to attach the custom harmony's to a expression pedal, one harmony all the way down,another up a bit ,then off all the way up.

Pretty awesome - how do you get harmonies to mute when play a chord? Is it because the harmony is not polyphonic?
I didn't get to figuring that out just yet. I know the fellow "Moke" has made a preset that has that feature, but I've not been able to master that yet lol... I've been doing it with LOTS of tap dancing, as noted in my video.

Pretty awesome - how do you get harmonies to mute when play a chord? Is it because the harmony is not polyphonic?

No, the harmony level is controlled by the pitch. Single notes are usually played using the higher notes and the pitch control increases the harmony level. When playing chords the pitch controller will detect a lower note and therefore reduce the harmony level.

Back
Top Bottom