Thin Lizzy and Iron Maiden with ML Cab Pack 20

GeeJee

Inspired
last Saturday we played with our bands Parris (Dutch Thin Lizzy tribute) and Harris (Dutch Iron Maiden tribute) in Germany. My Axe-fx II was loaded with the last beta fw before 2.01 and I loaded two preset/cab bundles from Cab Pack 20. For Lizzy I used the bundle with the Plexi 100 sim; for Maiden I used the HBE bundle. Did a quick back-and-forth amp switch and set the one or two basic settings in the amp-block that I saw where moved back to where they where (it was only the presence and gain level I believe). Added a drive, chorus and delay block + eq-block for lead-boost and off to the gig.

The last few years I used the Axe into a Matrix power-amp with a Bogner 4x12 v30 miced up. I asked the soundman if I could try direct out. If the sound was not ok he could allways use I microphone instead. At the soundcheck I started playing and the soundman started laughing: this sounds awesome! Look: no eq at all, just my volume-slider! He was happy - I was 100 times happier!! In the past the few times direct out where sounding bad - thats why I put direct-out on hold.

A big thank you to Mikko for making these bundles - they proof very easily that they work imho. For me anyway. Just plug-and-play.

To give a idea about the sound you can check the added videos if you like.
The first one is Parris, the second Harris. You can find out for your self who is me; there is only one green light on stage

Hope you like it.

great job man's, love the Lizzy third pitch harmony.

Maiden were inspired a lot by this pitch method after us.

"easy" to do with the intelligent afx pitch bloc harmony.

great job man's, love the Lizzy third pitch harmony.

Maiden were inspired a lot by this pitch method after us.

"easy" to do with the intelligent afx pitch bloc harmony.
Thanks! I know I could do it with the pitch block, but it's more fun to do it with my "partner in crime"

@GeeJee this is definitely a highlight for me on this forum. So the presets really work for people and no post EQ! The videos sound great and the guitars sound very professional. You guys rock and never stop rocking! :)

@GeeJee this is definitely a highlight for me on this forum. So the presets really work for people and no post EQ! The videos sound great and the guitars sound very professional. You guys rock and never stop rocking! :)
Thanks Mikko, that's a big compliment coming from you! I hope you'll find the time to fix the broken Brit Pre 1 bundle - maybe that one is even a better choice for Maiden.

Thanks Mikko, that's a big compliment coming from you! I hope you'll find the time to fix the broken Brit Pre 1 bundle - maybe that one is even a better choice for Maiden.
Oh thank you for reminding me about this! I'll create it ASAP.

Aside from Emerald, Cowboy Song is probably my favorite Thin Lizzy song, you guys killed it! The tones are great, performance astounding and the singer really gets that Phil vibe. There was always this thing about his singing to me that had this tough New York City attitude to me. I am 38 and discovered Thin Lizzy around the time Dedication came out, I had heard the name a lot before that, but didn't know anything beyond The Boys Are Back In Town. I think the fact they never really broke in the US is a travesty, a lot like Kings X never breaking big.

Aside from Emerald, Cowboy Song is probably my favorite Thin Lizzy song, you guys killed it! The tones are great, performance astounding and the singer really gets that Phil vibe. There was always this thing about his singing to me that had this tough New York City attitude to me. I am 38 and discovered Thin Lizzy around the time Dedication came out, I had heard the name a lot before that, but didn't know anything beyond The Boys Are Back In Town. I think the fact they never really broke in the US is a travesty, a lot like Kings X never breaking big.
Thanks man! I'm 48 and never seen Thin Lizzy live with Phil Lynott on vocals. I've seen the later Lizzy a couple years ago, but it's not Phil's Lizzy anymore. I did visit Phil's mother a couple of times in Dublin, so got a little bit of Phil's vibe. You should listen to Live and Dangerous for sure (if you haven't allready). It's a classic album for sure!

Back
Top Bottom