Thick Pick/Thick Strings, Thin Pick/Thick Strings, Etc

I recently tried the Flow picks (which are halfway between a standard Tortex and a Jazz III), and I have no idea why but they're the worst pick I've ever tried. I literally hated playing guitar with them. Right into the trash.

The ultex jazz 3 are good ,also use herco flex 75 .I like both ,but with the herco, because of the flex, i have to be aware of my pointer finger from not dragging my nail on the strings , this happens when I go from a heavy pick to a pick with flex. Wish I could use a thumb picks tried a lot ,can't stand the pressure around my thumb:(

Been using fender mediums since the year of the flood. I see no reason to change what works for me.
Yes, I have tried all sorts of picks and thickness, but always come back to asst fender mediums.
Actually trying to use a pick less and less. I'm getting there.

I always have and still do play a lot of acoustic guitar also. Mainly finger picking, but if I use a pick on acoustic it is nylon.........

On a side note; do you guys always need a new (not worn anyway) pick or is a bit of ware OK? Myself, I need it tip to be pretty intact.

Thick pick always and all different materials and shapes affect the sound and the feel.
I'm a long time Jazz III user Ultex these days. I also like the Flow pick in 2mm and 4.5mm on my Eastman DM1 Gypsy Jazz.
Thin picks sound bad and feel inarticulate. If the pick bends it interferes with the right hand technique . On acoustic guitar I use nylon but still 1mm. The tone your pick makes on acoustic guitar is even more obvious.

1.38 or 2.0? for the Ultex Jazz III. Looks like it comes in 2 thicknesses. I'm usually a red user and forget what thickness that is

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom