They All Sound the Same, It's About Workflow

Since I started listening to the 1st take, I use it as a reference:
2nd take has less bottom end than the 1st. It is too thin. Not good
3rd take has more body at the bottom end,
4th take sounds full and round

I would take the 4th or the 3rd. 1st not bad at all. 2nd not for me

Listening with Audeze LCD-2. I haven't read other's responses

Last edited:
Can‘t be a Kemper in the mix… It’s not a Modeler. So keep guessing. Will anyone here think the real amp or the AXE sound worse than the others once the reveal is posted?

What seems like it would be more valuable is an official FAS video or sound sample with pictures that show three or four of the FAS owned real amps vs. the AXE model of the same amps with the dials matched and through the same IR using a re-amped riff.

Has this ever been done by any company, Line 6, FAS, etc. ? Not that I’ve seen.

I don’t think it really matters anyway because great “authentic” tones can be had through just about any of the top tier devices but it would be great if one of these companies “put their money where their mouth is” with regards to the authenticity of the “models“ of their amps.

The samples would only be as good as the Firmware they are recorded on, until the next revamped Firmware is released. It would be cool if this type of compairson were done after every Firmware release. Seems like an easy benchmark to maintain over time as long as you own the amps. Yes the tones of physical amps can change slightly over time (tube life/wear, environment, etc.) but they shouldn’t change enough to completely invalidate the benchmarks.

Pipe dream…

1) balanced lows, a little growl in the low mids, forward mids/high mids
2) Harsher/fatiguing high end, more distorted
3) much low end, more high treble/presence than 1 or 4
4) very similar to 1. in comparison to 1: slightly more low-mid focus. slightly more punch. slightly subdued top end

I'm interested in knowing which is which.

Last edited:
1 is the amp. 4 is the Fractal. You can hear it in the top end- #1 has a more musical sizzle, while #4 is missing a little off the very top, but still preserves the same texture of distortion.

I see this as wine tasting... At first you have no clue. Everything tastes the same. After paying attention and actually been to a few courses or someone teaching you, you start to taste things differently.

I am way better on wine than tube amps. Think number 4 is amp. Hope its the AXE

Back
Top Bottom