There's got to be a way to do this.

OK, this sounds just a little bit blasphemous but bear with me.

My AFII is not my first modelling amp nor is it my only one.

My first is the cheap (90 dollar pawn shop prize) Behringer Bass V-Amp Pro, rack mount.

I've had a lot of fun with that even though its method of controlling many parameters is holding down various combinations of buttons and turning knobs and trying to decipher what that oh so informative two digit LCD display is telling me.

Despite that I was able to get some tones out of it that are really fun but I don't claim they're particularly "authentic" or faithful to the amp that they're supposed to be modelled after.

Although the AFII I have is orders of magnitude better than the Behringer, the fact remains that there are some sounds I've built in the Behringer that I have not been able to duplicate in the AFII.

So, what I'd like to do is integrate the Behringer into my AFII's signal path. And when I want that sound,
just call up a preset that basically does nothing but route my guitar signal into the Behringer and go back into the AFII.

That doesn't sound so difficult, does it? Use the 4CM effects loop, done, right?

Guitar plugged into AFII front panel jack. AFII loop out to Behringer loop in. Behringer loop out to AFII loop in.

Well, apparently not. It appears that the Behringer doesn't want to be used as somebody else's b***h. It has to (as far as I can ascertain) start from an input signal via either the guitar input jack or the line input jack on its own front panel.

So I can make that work if I plug my guitar directly in to the front of the Behringer.

But that defeats the point of the exercise.

What would work is being able to route the guitar direct sound out of the AFII via another send/output jack to the Behringer.

But I don't know how to do that or even know if it can be done.

Use the 4CM effects loop, done, right?
you wouldn't use the "4 cable method." you'd just be using the Axe's FX Loop. 4cm is something specific.

Guitar plugged into AFII front panel jack. AFII loop out to Behringer loop in. Behringer loop out to AFII loop in.

Well, apparently not. It appears that the Behringer doesn't want to be used as somebody else's b***h. It has to (as far as I can ascertain) start from an input signal via either the guitar input jack or the line input jack on its own front panel.
let's drop the superfluous language: why not just plug the Axe Out 2 to Behringer Instrument in?

you'll probably have to Bypass all the other blocks before the FX Loop block in your preset, but then you get a direct input to the Behringer. then out of the B into the Axe Input 2, which should go back to your Axe grid and out Output 1.

one option would be this. use the fxl block, but rather than place it in your chain, just connect the left side of the grid to it. this should pass guitar signal to out 2. you could then connect the output of the fxl block anywhere in your chain, or just run it straight to the output. use the out 2 level on the front of the axe to fine tune how much signal the behringer recieves

I'm trying to just treat the Behringer as an external effects box and once this is set up, never have to touch a cable again, that's the ultimate goal here. If I plug the AFII output to behringer instrument input, then that'd mean that the Behringer would always be physically in the audio chain and that's not what I want to do.

I'm going to play around with it and see what I can make work. All suggestions will be put to the test.

also try this - set out 2 to echo input. this will pass the signal going into the axe to output 2. send that to the behringer. send the outputs of the behringer straight to your audio interface

also try this - set out 2 to echo input. this will pass the signal going into the axe to output 2. send that to the behringer. send the outputs of the behringer straight to your audio interface
this is the one that should work best for your use imo

Back
Top Bottom