there're simply no compromises with this thing..

sundance_kiddsg

Experienced
after reading the posts on advance amp parameters, i recently started trying out making adjustments to the master, comp, speakers, dynamics, input trim, sat, sag, xformer parameters and man, i'm really stoked with the effects i'm getting. the effect on the player's feedback has to be felt to be appreciated. i'm not refering to the eq but the overall response when you strike a note/chord. in the old mfx units i'd owned in the past, if the amp tone/feel is not just what you have in your head, there's only so much you can do (read: not much).
for new comers (i'm very new as well) to the axe fx, i would really urge you to mess with the advance parameters. i'm quite positive you will be pleasantly surprised what these can do.

well, it's cool to mess with the advanced parameters, but it can lead you down a wormhole possibly making you more confused.

if anything, stick with the basics and mess with ONE advanced parameter at a time to really see what effect it has. try that same advanced parameter on all your tones, clean and dirty, to see what it does to each type.

Do what works best for you. Everyone learns differently & at different speeds. With all due respect, I honestly don't think one size fits all advice is really that helpful. The only way to learn what any parameter does including basic gain, treble mid & bass is to play, turn the knob & play again, listen & compare. No wormhole., just great adventure in tone shaping that you will only find by exploring all that is there.

points well taken.
sure it may well be a slippery slope, but it's been one hell of a ride for me lately, and I'm really enjoying it!
the real cool thing about adjusting these parameters in the axe fx is i can simply undo them, save them as different presets for comparisons and there's no risk of anything getting blown up! try doing that on an all tube rig..
and to top it off, being able to do all these while the family's asleep!

I think thats the best thing about it. It HAS the extra features that you can tweak if you desire, but you dont HAVE to. Ive never gone further than the first page layout on things like XFRM drive and speaker stuff but I think its extremely cool for it to be there rather than me breaking out my soldering iron and trying to hot rod my marshall....electrocution.

Back
Top Bottom